No announcement yet.

Baseball vs Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im more of a basketball nut when it comes to college sports. IMHO there is nothing greater on this earth *sports wise* then College basketball.

The only reason why i am posting this is because im kicking my self in the grapes for not following the shocker baseball team more closely over the years.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact Ive always wanted to play for them had the talent but screwed off in high school so much that i wouldnt have even gotten a scholarship to Ft Hays St let alone a big baseball school

Comment

Basketball has always been my biggest love...in sports. College basketball is the greatest by far. It's kind of sad that the NBA sucks.

I love football. But am only a casual follower of college football. Probably because WSU doesn't have a team. But I love to watch the NFL.

I've always loved baseball but have had a hard time getting into the college game. I follow the show through the paper or whatever but have only been to a few games in my life. Although I love my Royals and try to get up to KC at least once a year to watch them.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Don't bother supporting the Royals. They are a Missouri team after all.

The easiest way to get into college baseball, specifically the shox, is the same way you get into college basketball -- go to the games. I didn't miss a single game last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22

Although I love my Royals and try to get up to KC at least once a year to watch them.
          here here

me and some guys from work are heading to opening day this year. One of the guys is a huge red sox fan.
          Im also going to go to the yankee series in september. I have to watch Jeter play

Nice little article on Mark Teahan this morning in the paper though

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
            Don't bother supporting the Royals. They are a Missouri team after all.

The easiest way to get into college baseball, specifically the shox, is the same way you get into college basketball -- go to the games. I didn't miss a single game last year.
            You may be right, but I've always been into basketball and can watch just about any team play. The one thing that I have a hard time getting over in college baseball is the ping. I may try to catch a few if I can find someone to tag along with me.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              You may be right, but I've always been into basketball and can watch just about any team play. The one thing that I have a hard time getting over in college baseball is the ping. I may try to catch a few if I can find someone to tag along with me.

People always say that but I barely even notice it anymore. I don't see what the big deal is.

Comment

The big deal about the "ping" in college baseball is that aluminum bats are pure sacrilege to the great game of baseball. Baseball is meant to played with a wood bat not a piece of metal. It's a friggin' joke is what it is.
                "I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun." -Billy Joel

Comment

I wouldnt go that far.

But if you are use to the cracking sound of wood the ping of metal will get on your nerves.
                  When I played i used both wood and metal. TPX just starting to be the greatest thing ever. But I always trusted in ol Louisville

Speaking of I went into Dick's over the summer and picked me up a nice Louisville slugger for 30 bucks. Now if i can just get to a batting cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulbadguy
                    football
                    basketball
                    baseball

I care more about the success of our womens basketball team than I do our baseball team, really.
                    Gee I wonder why? I can guarandamntee you that if K-State was making CWS appearances - well strike that - was making regional appearances there would be a lot more interest in college baseball. Let's see would you rather see the next Mike Pelphry, Darren Dreifort, Alex Gordan or Kendra Wecker???

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePierre
                      The big deal about the "ping" in college baseball is that aluminum bats are pure sacrilege to the great game of baseball. Baseball is meant to played with a wood bat not a piece of metal. It's a friggin' joke is what it is.

Hey I think baseball is the greatest sport ever invented. I LOVE baseball. What could be better than baseball, the greatest sport, played at the best level for sports: college.

I think people that complain about the ping are the people that never go to any games.

You can learn to love the ping. Some of my greatest memories watching sports were on the other side of a ping.

Comment

See, I feel that way about baseball. give me any 18 guys and you have a game.

The ping has never bothered me because growing up... well that was what I heard. I didn't see my first live major league game until my junior year in high school. The wranglers were on the other side of town so getting there was no good. So what live baseball i watched was family and thus, ping.

But I love the total randomness of college baseball. Anything can happen in a game. You can have 10 runs in one inning and see 10 runs the next. You can see second basemen come in and close. You can see first basemen charge the plate for a bunt, not even thinking about the bater changing his mind and swinging away. I just see a lot more emotion out there then I do when I go and see the Royals play. Every time I have been to the K, it has been like watching old guys in line getting their paychecks.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that college baseball is played the way baseball was meant to be played. Not like the pro game that relies so heavy on home runs and just bashing. You see agressive play. Guys stealing bases and taking chances. Coaches taking chances. Bunting runners over to get runners in scoring position. its a whole different ball game. Much more entertaining. Plus every game counts. Unlike the majors or the nba. its just all together better in everyway. Who cares about the sound of the bat. Ping, crack, pow, bam, doesnt matter. i go to the games to watch the games not listen to the sound of the bat. But im not blind. Just my 2 cents. Hard to beat going to a game when the weather is nice and you can just chill throw down some beers for a few hours and relax. At a basketball game i feel like i have to be tuned in every second and thats great because its more intense. baseball is just different but equally as awsome just in a different way. A more relaxing way. no rushing. But when things get exciting like charlie can attest to a couple years back at that arkansas regional when we took them to the wire its just as exciting if not more so. Think buzzer beaters without the buzzers and clock. Time to soak the moment in and admire the beauty of the game and whats happining.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                            football
                            basketball
                            baseball

I care more about the success of our womens basketball team than I do our baseball team, really.
                            Gee I wonder why? I can guarandamntee you that if K-State was making CWS appearances - well strike that - was making regional appearances there would be a lot more interest in college baseball. Let's see would you rather see the next Mike Pelphry, Darren Dreifort, Alex Gordan or Kendra Wecker???
                            That is actually a tough question. College baseball isn't very popular on a national level, and not popular at all around here. KU had a good season last year and I don't know one KU fan that can name a player on the team. Most people laugh at me when I say I watch college baseball. 8)

Womens basketball generates quite a bit more buzz nationwide, and in this region.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                              Not to mention the fact that college baseball is played the way baseball was meant to be played.
                              You mean with aluminum bats? I'm sure thats what Abner Doubleday was dreaming of. Ping!

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                                Not to mention the fact that college baseball is played the way baseball was meant to be played.
                                You mean with aluminum bats? I'm sure thats what Abner Doubleday was dreaming of. Ping!

When Abner Doubleday invented baseball you got 8 balls for a walk and you didn't use a glove in the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X