Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saulbadguy
    Originally posted by t7017s
    Not to mention the fact that college baseball is played the way baseball was meant to be played.
    You mean with aluminum bats? I'm sure thats what Abner Doubleday was dreaming of. Ping!
    Don't be bringing Abner Doubleday weak sauce here. Good grief.

And I'm sure baseball was never meant to be played on an artificial surface... oh wait, kids played on sandlots and did street ball forever (and still do). What the hell does it matter what sound the ... stupidest baseball argument ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
      Originally posted by Saulbadguy
      Originally posted by t7017s
      Not to mention the fact that college baseball is played the way baseball was meant to be played.
      You mean with aluminum bats? I'm sure thats what Abner Doubleday was dreaming of. Ping!
      Don't be bringing Abner Doubleday weak sauce here. Good grief.

And I'm sure baseball was never meant to be played on an artificial surface... oh wait, kids played on sandlots and did street ball forever (and still do). What the hell does it matter what sound the ... stupidest baseball argument ever.
      Word.

Comment

College basketball was my favorite sport until a few years ago. Two factors changed that. First was a decline in interest in the Arizona Wildcats after they won the NC in 97 (I don't get a lot of oppurtunities to watch the Shockers here in Tucson). Finally was buying season tickets for the Wildcats football team and going to the tailgates. I just love the pagentry of College football. We always time walking into the stadium so we walk in beside the marching band as they enter the stadium. We have a large tailgate group that usually has between 20 to 40 people showing up. The Arizona Scout site helps sponsor us and pays for our beer. We have our own web site. It's just great!!

After football and basketball womens softball is my favorite college sport. I know most of you would think that's strange, but you would have to experience a UA-UCLA game at Hillenbrand Stadium to understand. In the 25 years of womens softball championships UA and UCLA between them have won 18 of those 25 championships (UCLA-11, UA-7). To say there is a rivalry between the two teams would be quit an understatement.

Comment

Shocker basketball has always been my major love when it comes to sports. Teams before Dave the Rave had already hooked me, but the Stallworth teams really took me under. I cared about Shocker football also, and enjoyed it just as much, and was really a nut about it with our '81 team. What a fun team to watch. But it's a lot more fun when you have a chance to win the whole thing. If we ever bring back football, I hope we can do it in such a way as to someday, even in the distance future, to do that.

To me, baseball has been a minor college sport. This is due to always being a follower of the major league Braves, and the Braves success since the early 90's has taken up my baseball time. However, I didn't follow the Braves last year. One reason was a new love in my life. The other reason is I'm just a bandwagon jumper when it comes to the Braves. As I said, Shocker basketball is my sports love.

I'm planning on watching Shocker baseball on SV this year for the first time and hope to get excited. That being said, I have been proud of WSU baseball success and I'm sure they will not let me down.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Just here to thank Gregg Marshall.

Comment

Baseball was by far my first love at WSU. Basketball was just a season to help pass the time until baseball season started. Then they fired Gene and we quit going to baseball games and concentrated on basketball. Now it is still hard to go to a baseball game. I hope basketball games remain fun and exciting. I think they will. I have confidence in Coach Marshall even if I am a little uncertain about next season. I don't have the same kind of confidence in Coach Butler, even with some good players and a better season this year.

Comment

Working...
              X