Describe your contributions to the NIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    I've asked this directly to Armchair and posted this question on here and not sure I have an answer. Can a contribution be directed to a specific athlete or sport?

Also, I am not understanding how these are tax deductible? I do find it interesting that I've left two questions with Armchair. I am trying to figure out how much to contribute and haven't heard back.
    Yes, you can contribute to a specific sport. You will need to add that in the comment section of your donation. Donations to Armchair Strategies LLC are NOT tax deductible. Armchair set up Shockers Helping Others X-cell (SHOX) as a 501c3 (tax deductible). Anyone looking for a tax deduction should reach out to info@armchairstrategies.com.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Armchair Strategies; March 24, 2023, 09:25 PM.

Comment

If you are truly interested in the question about why SASO donations are no longer tax deductible, here is an article that discusses the issue. It was published shortly before the change in the law but adequately explains it. The short, high-level answer is that the deduction was removed if you received ticket access. I believe you could still donate to athletic scholarships without receiving the right to purchase tickets at a certain level and receive a deduction. I'm glad Armchair answered ABC's question; I would have been surprised if those donations were deductible.
      https://blog.case.org/2018/01/26/the...letic%20events.
      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

So wbat are you supposed to get from Armchair when you donate in form of regular correspondence or transparent allocations?

Comment

Some squishy language in here. Wonder how many collectives are riding a thin line?

NIL collectives are structurally independent of a school, yet fund NIL opportunities for the school’s student-athletes.

Comment

Fattest collectives:

Collectives are the norm in college sports. Yet, some are more successful than others. Here are On3’s top 20 most ambitious NIL collectives.

Comment

We need a WSU collective to start an endowment.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Contemplating what I am realistically able to do considering the overall demands on my pocketbook which currently are excessive.

Comment

We might live in a different world if Pony Sports (SMU) existed for Eric Dickerson.

Comment

I think they teased another announcement today.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I think they teased another announcement today.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post

Yes, you can contribute to a specific sport. You will need to add that in the comment section of your donation.
                        I was just on the site preparing to set up a monthly donation but their is no comment section available. There is name, email, CC# and billing address but no comment section.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Have I missed any NIL news this week? I've kinda been out of pocket.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

It sounds like the U.S. Congress might get involved in the NCAA Wild West. I think the NCAA is seeking reforms, and they are incapable of doing it themselves, plus some of the less "RICH" Schools Athletic Director's are asking Congress for help. I saw one story that says that the Washington State AD was asking for involvement.

John Ruiz spent over $5 Million last year all by himself at Miami University. They have a $10 Million NIL program set aside for athletes.

Athlete NIL deals face congressional reforms as NCAA demands oversight

by Jeremiah Poff, Education Reporter
                            March 29, 2023 03:41 PM

A panel of collegiate athletics stakeholders and experts testified before a House subcommittee Wednesday, with the majority urging Congress to enact a national standard for name, image, likeness deals for college athletes.

The Wednesday House Energy and Commerce Committee's subcommittee on Innovation, Data, and Commerce featured testimony from Patriot League commissioner Jennifer Heppel, Virginia State University president Makola Abdullah, former NFL player Trey Burton, Florida State University softball player Kaley Mudge, Washington State University athletics director Pat Chun, and College Football Players Association executive director Jason Stahl.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ncaa-oversight

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I was just on the site preparing to set up a monthly donation but their is no comment section available. There is name, email, CC# and billing address but no comment section.
                              Shoot us an email at info@armchairstrategies.com with the details of your donation.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
                              X