Donated and Will Continue to Donate At Same Rate
    11.11%
    Donated and Will Increase Donation
    17.78%
    Haven’t Donated in Past but Plan On It Soon
    60.00%
    GTFO with the NIL-Never Giving a Nickel
    11.11%

Was on a very small per month but upped it when IB was not asked back.

Comment

One word: humble (but aspirational)
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Vote if you haven’t.

Comment

Only donated to that get rid of Boatwrong campaign. I’ll probably start doing a small monthly donation now.

Comment

I've asked this directly to Armchair and posted this question on here and not sure I have an answer. Can a contribution be directed to a specific athlete or sport?

Also, I am not understanding how these are tax deductible? I do find it interesting that I've left two questions with Armchair. I am trying to figure out how much to contribute and haven't heard back.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
              I've asked this directly to Armchair and posted this question on here and not sure I have an answer. Can a contribution be directed to a specific athlete or sport?

Also, I am not understanding how these are tax deductible? I do find it interesting that I've left two questions with Armchair. I am trying to figure out how much to contribute and haven't heard back.
              Here on SN or elsewhere?

Comment

I think as long as it is a 501c3 and a general fund you donate to, it is tax deductible on the federal level. Not sure what the new AG says about the state tax.

Comment

I have asked them the same question about designating what sport my contribution will go to. with no answer. They need to get this worked out quickly.

Right or wrong there are a lot of people that want to donate only to basketball and will not donate without that assurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I have asked them the same question about designating what sport my contribution will go to. with no answer. They need to get this worked out quickly.

Right or wrong there are a lot of people that want to donate only to basketball and will not donate without that assurance.
                    I'm in the same boat but want to direct funds to softball only, but there's nothing on their site that seems to allow you to specify where it goes, though I thought at one point they said you could focus your funds to a certain sport. But maybe I made that up.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think in order to make it tax deductible it has to go to a general fund to benefit student athletes which is why collectives can get away with it. This is based on some legal and accountant reviews I have read on the subject.

For tax experts in the crowd why is this deductible but SASO donations no longer are?
                      Last edited by shoxlax; March 24, 2023, 02:48 PM.

Comment

If that’s the case can’t you pay the players directly for attendance to a party, like you would a band, and just make sure it goes through the proper channels?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Here on SN or elsewhere?
                          SN twice, one was buried in another thread. I have left two email inquiries with Armchair. I would like to direct some of my $$ to the track program.

Comment

SN twice, one was buried in another thread. I have left two email inquiries with Armchair. I would like to direct some of my $$ to the track program.
                            Give it to me. I will make sure they get it. In fact that goes for all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

If that’s the case can’t you pay the players directly for attendance to a party, like you would a band, and just make sure it goes through the proper channels?
                              I would think that if you had a business and called it a meeting, it would be tax deductible as a business expenses.

Comment

Working...
                              X