replied
    Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post

Thank you for taking the time to do this
    No Problem!

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post

The last of my Play Angry shirts has been relegated to my trash cart. I thought the timing was appropriate. That slogan was misinterpreted by many who didn't know the back story and saw Marshall's temperament on the sidelines.
    Never worry about what others think. There are many idiots out there.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    It's going to be tough for some portion of the fanbase to understand that Play Angry is in the past.
    The last of my Play Angry shirts has been relegated to my trash cart. I thought the timing was appropriate. That slogan was misinterpreted by many who didn't know the back story and saw Marshall's temperament on the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    It's going to be tough for some portion of the fanbase to understand that Play Angry is in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Good for Shockrah, but Why can’t you take the time to look it up?
    Why can't you refrain from belittling him? Jeez.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post

Good for Shockrah, but Why can’t you take the time to look it up?

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not hardly. Seems to me like an actual offensive scheme is being implemented that HCIB couldn’t grasp or teach his players to grasp.
    A well trained dawg, is still a dawg. Just with some discipline and guidance, but I think HCIB sitll wants his guys to make plays. Thus his focus on teaching his guys how to play as opposed to teaching his guys plays. The key is to get the right balance of discipline and spontaneity with his guys which a big dollop of team chemistry. Seems like this approach over time would work best with roster stability. So let's hope we start to see more stability in the roster from year to year.

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Mills style reminds me a little of Brad Stevens. Very analytical in his approach.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker Dude
    replied
    Originally posted by shockrah View Post

Mills article for non eagle subscribers:

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Aargh View Post

The dawgs be dawgs era is not done. It is being reincarnated along with the coaching of how to be a dawg.
    Not hardly. Seems to me like an actual offensive scheme is being implemented that HCIB couldn’t grasp or teach his players to grasp.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    I’m just glad the “dawgs be dawgs” era is over.
    The dawgs be dawgs era is not done. It is being reincarnated along with the coaching of how to be a dawg.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    Taking absolutely nothing from the "defensive" minded ridiculously AWESOME GM years...but PM very much seems like an offensive minded coach. Very much.

I'm excited to see this new era...but would very much like to also see a lockdown defense.......at least when needed if you know what I mean.

I know you can't necessarily have both...but that Roundhouse gets super LOUD for good-ass D!!!! Be cool to see some smooth operative ball movement getting buckets...but super cool to lock it down when in need. Like when making comebacks from being down when the shots aren't falling.

Go SHOCKS!!!!!!!
    If he can get us to the S16, F4, and NCAA Tournament most years like GM did, Shocker fans will accept him and any way he does it. But the hard nose, blue collar approach, sacrifice your body type of mentality isn't lost on Wichita. The drill that showed PM coaching his players to dive for loose balls does get to the heart of what GM wanted out of his players, and will go a long way.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Good of you to give him a chance...he's sleeping better now....:)
    I take it that you're on the side to not give him a chance, since you are ridiculing that statement? If so, I was speaking to you rather than he.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Mills has an interesting approach. It will be interesting to how his approaches will work with his teams. It just might give an edge to the team over others, and is certainly the future. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove it works here at Wichita State.

How coach Paul Mills is getting Wichita State basketball players to buy in with analytics

Mills and his staff are more analytically-driven than most, which made for an adjustment period for many of the players. “It’s definitely been a learning curve, but he’s a really good teacher,” Miami transfer Harlond Beverly said. “I feel like all of us have already been able to learn something, so I can only imagine how much we will learn throughout the year with him.” To avoid making his players feel like they’re trapped in a classroom listening to him drone on about advanced analytics, Mills tries to incorporate video clips and graphics to drive home his ultimate point. He doesn’t want his players thinking about numbers while they’re playing; he wants the numbers to help ingrain habits during practice that will carry over to the games. Instead of always showing his players past clips of his Oral Roberts teams, Mills likes finding examples in the NBA to show his players the concept being performed at the highest level of play. “There’s a lot more talk about analytics and stats,” WSU returner Isaac Abidde said. “The learning process is different, but it’s helped me a lot. I’m just a fan of learning and I love learning about the game of basketball, so I’m just trying to soak everything up.” The focus during this late July practice was properly spacing the floor during transition and Mills had compiled clips of the James Harden-era Houston Rockets to emphasize his point.

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...278225138.html

I gave you the link to this local article, but If you can't access it, you'll have to do your own research, but this is the jist of the article.
    Good of you to give him a chance...he's sleeping better now....:)

Leave a comment:

• AZ Shocker
    replied
    Taking absolutely nothing from the "defensive" minded ridiculously AWESOME GM years...but PM very much seems like an offensive minded coach. Very much.

I'm excited to see this new era...but would very much like to also see a lockdown defense.......at least when needed if you know what I mean.

I know you can't necessarily have both...but that Roundhouse gets super LOUD for good-ass D!!!! Be cool to see some smooth operative ball movement getting buckets...but super cool to lock it down when in need. Like when making comebacks from being down when the shots aren't falling.

Go SHOCKS!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X