Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Athletic Department survey - Fill out, have your voice heard. In-game promotions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athletic Department survey - Fill out, have your voice heard. In-game promotions

Athletics is doing a survey currently, with the majority of the questions being asked based around in-game productions, as well as corporate sponsorships.

There is a place on one of the in-game promotion questions for you to write in your opinion. There is also a spot on there asking where you get a majority of your Shocker info, I wrote in ShockerNet for "other."
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I just filled this out and was getting ready to post the link myself!

Hopefully, if enough people say they don't care for in-game promotions, they'll get the hint and get rid of them.

And yes, I put ShockerNet as well :yahoo:
    Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

I answered honestly. I appreciate the many corporate sponsors that we have, but in-game activities are lacking.

Of course I said I love the band, and that I get my news from Shockernet!
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

"More band. Much more band"
        "Shockernet"
        Dislike the in game promos, but all other advertising is useful.

Comment

That's the same one they mailed out as well. Much easier to fill it out online.

Comment

It'll be funny when a majority of respondents write in "ShockerNet" as their source of information.
            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I’m not a big fan of the ‘Kiss Cam’; in fact I do my best to avoid it. It’s pretty obvious that part of this video is staged, however a little ‘cleverness’ never hurts. I’ve seen one similar from the Knicks game over the weekend.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                I’m not a big fan of the ‘Kiss Cam’; in fact I do my best to avoid it. It’s pretty obvious that part of this video is staged, however a little ‘cleverness’ never hurts. I’ve seen one similar from the Knicks game over the weekend.

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are!
                Go Shocks!

Comment

Interesting they chose to use Facebook for this survey, and thus immediately exclude the Shocker fans who choose not to kneel at the throne of Zuckerberg.
                  "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                  -- Pele

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                    Interesting they chose to use Facebook for this survey, and thus immediately exclude the Shocker fans who choose not to kneel at the throne of Zuckerberg.
                    Don't worry, the survey is going on 3 years old at this point. I'm sure your snail-mail copy has arrived by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Don't worry, the survey is going on 3 years old at this point. I'm sure your snail-mail copy has arrived by now.
                      Snail-mail? I only accept mail via telegram. Hoping for word that The Great War has finally ended.

But seriously, if only the athletic department had their own website devoted to WSU sports, that would be the bomb. They could post stats, schedules, news items, even surverys.
                      "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                      -- Pele

Comment

Interesting that they asked Shocker fans of their opinion on in-game promotions almost 3 years ago, and they are still terrible. People talk of a current lack of fan energy in CKA (relative to our high standards), but the tard-rific promotions do a pretty good job all their own at zapping out crowd energy.

Comment

I know we all hate the NIT and hope to always be in the NCAA Tournament. That said, I do enjoy NIT home games because by the rules of the tournament, you are not allowed to have courtside signage or in-game promotions. When the opposing team is on its heels and is saved by a media timeout, the band will still play to keep the crowd energized. No kiss cam or anything dumb like that to sap the momentum of the energy in the building.

It won't happen because we rely on those corporate partnerships to help fund our program and athletics department...but it would be nice if regular season games operated like postseason NIT games do without the promotions stuff during the media timeout.
                          78-65

Comment

Sorry about this guys. I'd forgotten, but on the survey I just kept writing "I WANT THE NOISE METER TO BE FAKE"

Comment

funny they didn't ask about the effectiveness of the radio ads or anything about shockervision

Comment

Working...
                              X