X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCU to A-10

another one bites the dust...

Unusual

Well, there's a refreshing change: a school joining the A-10 (or 17, or 29, or however many they'll end up with) that's actually in a state touching the Atlantic Ocean. What will they think of next?

Comment

wish we coulda snagged a team or two or swapped out, since regional boundaries/ties have no say in conference expansion...:sorrow:

Comment

Oh well. It gives us a potential RPI boost given the competition they'll face next year.

Comment

It's a shame the MVC (Elgin) has completely sat on his hands during all of this and won't consider doing anything until someone leaves. The MVC needs to try and strengthen itself in any way possible. The MWC and A10 look to pass us by in their current form.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd love to be in talks to join VCU in the A10. We're gonna get left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by InWuWeTrust View Post
              I'd love to be in talks to join VCU in the A10. We got left behind.
              Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                It's a shame the MVC (Elgin) has completely sat on his hands during all of this and won't consider doing anything until someone leaves. The MVC needs to try and strengthen itself in any way possible. The MWC and A10 look to pass us by in their current form.
                I am not really sure what Elgin can do. Our geography sucks. VCU to the A-10 isn't any kind of stretch and it is a conference w/o football.

He screwed the pooch on Dallas Baptist, but what other realistic options are out there?

Comment

Just win!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                    I am not really sure what Elgin can do. Our geography sucks. VCU to the A-10 isn't any kind of stretch and it is a conference w/o football.

He screwed the pooch on Dallas Baptist, but what other realistic options are out there?
                    Elgin has had no desire to consider expansion unless it involved SLU which everybody knows is never coming into the MVC and doesn't provide much in the way of strength anyway. This conference flat out sucks. There are two schools that can invest and compete. Maybe three. But most of the rest are a drag and will keep us from being anything more than what we were. The A10 has blown by us and the MWC isn't coming back towards us any time soon.

The current status sucks. But Elgin is perfectly happy with it.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'd love to see the MVC stronger or us in a better conference but when it comes down to it, just win is pretty much correct. Throw in having a good enough non-conference schedule and that is complety on target. Gonzaga got to where they are with a pretty sucky conference.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Elgin has had no desire to consider expansion unless it involved SLU which everybody knows is never coming into the MVC and doesn't provide much in the way of strength anyway. This conference flat out sucks. There are two schools that can invest and compete. Maybe three. But most of the rest are a drag and will keep us from being anything more than what we were. The A10 has blown by us and the MWC isn't coming back towards us any time soon.

The current status sucks. But Elgin is perfectly happy with it.
                        So what do you suggest Elgin do?

Comment

Working...
                        X