Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State: vs Tulsa 11-seed at AAC Tournament (03/09/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the game against Tulane is in the quarterfinals not the semifinals. Tha article has it right. Taylor mispake in his tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I believe the game against Tulane is in the quarterfinals not the semifinals. Tha article has it right. Taylor mispake in his tweet.
      He corrected himself on the first tweet after the one I posted

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        I recall the horrible assists numbers in the first half of the season. I don't care if it is Tulsa, 24 assists on 33 baskets is dad gum good. Kudos for the team for finally realizing BB is best played as a team game and changing their ways.
        pretty daunting task to have to work in 9 newcomers on a division 1 basketball team. isaac brown never moaned or complained about that unfortunate circumstance.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          pretty daunting task to have to work in 9 newcomers on a division 1 basketball team. isaac brown never moaned or complained about that unfortunate circumstance.
          But he did collect his weekly $22,000 paycheck correct?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ummm......how could he? Most all of those players that cheered and whooped it up on his announcement as head coach, left him after the end of the season.

Comment

• It was good to see Poor Bear playing. I wasn’t sure he would play after hurting his shoulder in the final home game. He provides good backup minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                Haven’t gotten to read the thread yet, posting from arena.

But sitting this close to the bench has debunked the “team isn’t into the game, don’t care about their teammates, aren’t engaged” thing I’ve read here.

Seems like they all stand and cheer and are hyped for each other on every bucket.
                I mentioned a while back that I sat directly behind the bench at home Tulane game and felt some detachment and actual anger from Melvion and James… but then saw them again and much improved

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                  I mentioned a while back that I sat directly behind the bench at home Tulane game and felt some detachment and actual anger from Melvion and James… but then saw them again and much improved
                  Oh, gotcha. Sorry, didn't realize you had mentioned that.

Well good to hear it was better today!!
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Ummm......how could he? Most all of those players that cheered and whooped it up on his announcement as head coach, left him after the end of the season.
                    that has **** to do with it. you turn it into a negative. brown just fought through it.

somebody else, like, say, a mark turgeon or a roy williams or a john calipari would have never stopped talking about it, all year long. take it to the bank.

but brown never mentioned what a tough thing that was to work through, as you can imagine it must have been. maybe that's why so many people acted oblivious about it.

Comment

that has **** to do with it. you turn it into a negative. brown just fought through it.

somebody else, like, say, a mark turgeon or a roy williams or a john calipari would have never stopped talking about it, all year long. take it to the bank.

but brown never mentioned what a tough thing that was to work through, as you can imagine it must have been. maybe that's why so many people acted oblivious about it.
                      IBs job includes, recruiting, retention and coaching.
                      IN my books, he gets a C- on recruiting. Because he only ended up recruiting about 3 good players for this season.
                      A solid D for retention, only because he was able to retain 2 good players.
                      I'd give him a C - for coaching. (F first half of season, B for last half)

Overall C-.

Comment

Sure, it was tough, but I beg to differ. Had he been "successful" with those players (and not just in # of wins), he would not have had as many defections. Therefore, not as difficult a time to deal with. He had just 2 experienced players not leave. If just one or two of Dennis, Udeze, or Grant (Council was gone regardless) and one of Jackson / Jenkins would have stayed, it would have help greatly at in the early part of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                          Haven’t gotten to read the thread yet, posting from arena.

But sitting this close to the bench has debunked the “team isn’t into the game, don’t care about their teammates, aren’t engaged” thing I’ve read here.

Seems like they all stand and cheer and are hyped for each other on every bucket.
                          Do you think playing in a conference tournament game up 20 caused players to act differently than a regular season home game against Alcorn State?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• IB did not have the coaching experience or chops to deal with Etienne and Council on the same team. "Player's coach" wanted to be "nice" to both and that wasn't what they needed. Council liked to watch the offense the opponents were running instead of trying to defend it, so his minutes were limited. That was all it took for Council to leave. If he had to play D, he was out of here.

Even with no effort on the defensive end, he was a better option than Pleasant. It seems that IB was basing PT on something other than the ability of a player to win a game. That seems to have changed this year, but some of the subsare still head scratchers.

Bell is virtually a lock to be back nest year. Maybe some of his minutes were to get him experience. If a high-level PG can't be found it wouldn't surprise me to see Bell at PG next year. That wouldn't thrill me, but he had a lot of ball handling duties this year and got to spend a year with Porter, which is an outstanding education.

Yeah, I'm probably going to get ripped for suggesting that Bell might be next year's PG.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Well that because nobody listened to his radio show and he never went on the sports daily - only the AD came on to talk basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Sure, it was tough, but I beg to differ. Had he been "successful" with those players (and not just in # of wins), he would not have had as many defections. Therefore, not as difficult a time to deal with. He had just 2 experienced players not leave. If just one or two of Dennis, Udeze, or Grant (Council was gone regardless) and one of Jackson / Jenkins would have stayed, it would have help greatly at in the early part of the season.
                                Coulda', woulda', shoulda, yada yada... Apparently the team is better off without those malcontents that HCIB had to endure, eh? Because the bottom line, Talk, is that WSU is better this year than the 'more talented' Shocker team that lost in the 1st round of the AAC tournament last year to a Golden Hurricane squad that was 10-19. And it was over at halftime as I recall. That same team last year was swept by Tulane too.

Comment

Working...
                                X