Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State: vs Tulsa 11-seed at AAC Tournament (03/09/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    . . . five minutes left and a 15 pt lead. 82- 67
    Have you not watched this team at all this year? We've given up big leads like that with our starters on the floor.

The rule of thumb is you take your starters out when you have a lead of 10 for each minute left on the clock. So generally a 20-pt lead with 2 minutes left.

And I do not trust a lineup with four bench players, even with that kind of lead. Maybe 25 with 2 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Have you not watched this team at all this year? We've given up big leads like that with our starters on the floor.

The rule of thumb is you take your starters out when you have a lead of 10 for each minute left on the clock. So generally a 20-pt lead with 2 minutes left.

And I do not trust a lineup with four bench players, even with that kind of lead. Maybe 25 with 2 to go.
      I agree generally with where you’re going unless you believe depth is important in a conference tournament
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU SHOULD blow Tulsa out. Now will they?

Comment

Ironic case in point 4 weeks ago at Tulsa:

Shockers lead at Tulsa by 21 with 2:58 remaining
          Bench is inserted fully
          Shockers lead by 8 with :36 left on the clock

Comment

First of all it's Tulsa minus three starters. Secondly, you HAVE to roll the dice and play for the longer term not the short term. Beating Tulsa and losing the next game does us no good at all ! Above all, rest KP and CP every chance you get.

Comment

First of all it's Tulsa minus three starters. Secondly, you HAVE to roll the dice and play for the longer term not the short term. Beating Tulsa and losing the next game does us no good at all ! Above all, rest KP and CP every chance you get.
              Losing to Tulsa because players were rested to improve the chance of winning future games is even worse for WSU.

Comment

I know we've been shooting better recently, but I was surprised to see that we've shot 46.6% or better in our last eight games (six of those over 50%).

If the Shocks can just cut down on turnovers, not give up so many offensive rebounds to teams not named Tulane or Tulsa, and having Walton back, it's reasonable to expect we could get to the AAC championship game. Not sure it's enough to beat Houston after playing the previous three days, though.

Comment

I know we've been shooting better recently, but I was surprised to see that we've shot 46.6% or better in our last eight games (six of those over 50%).
                  I was surprised to see WSU has the 54th best 2P FG% in D1. Good things happen when WSU stops jacking up 3s.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I was surprised to see WSU has the 54th best 2P FG% in D1. Good things happen when WSU stops jacking up 3s.
                    Since they've become a "team" they are passing the ball, and doing so quite well both in transition and in the half court.

Where early in the year I lamented this team gets absolutely NO easy baskets (nor takes easy shots) they are now taking many open shots and layups, 1 footers, and dunks.

The result of a lot of layups and dunks is a high 2P%.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Since they've become a "team" they are passing the ball, and doing so quite well both in transition and in the half court.

Where early in the year I lamented this team gets absolutely NO easy baskets (nor takes easy shots) they are now taking many open shots and layups, 1 footers, and dunks.

The result of a lot of layups and dunks is a high 2P%.
                      Funny how that happens when you get a lot of layups and dunks.

Comment

How about requiring a higher level of team play from players who are in the 5-8 or 9 rotation. Abiddee, Bell, Scott, etc. have not played good team ball. when Porter, Walton, and Pohto aren’t in the game. IB needs to demand more, and he should have built it up during the year.
                        Last edited by Shockm; March 9, 2023, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I'm with you. I want to win this tourney and get in the NCAA tourney. Its going to take our bench stepping up and giving better minutes than they have all year. And they need to do that starting tonight.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by giskard View Post

Losing to Tulsa because players were rested to improve the chance of winning future games is even worse for WSU.
                            Not really. Nobody will remember a one-and-done loss to Tulsa five years from now. We'd remember beating Houston in the championship for many years to come. Its time for the bench to step up and give us a shot. If they cant do it against Tulsa, we don't deserve to advance.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                              All I can say is stay as far away from CKA as possible and we have a shot in all of our remaining games.
                              yeah, hate to see/hear the cka denizens boo their own head coach. the most disappointing thing of all.

trap game, coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post

yeah, hate to see/hear the cka denizens boo their own head coach. the most disappointing thing of all.

trap game, coming up.
                                I have to say, I was at all but 2 home games this year. I don't remember hearing that. But maybe I wasn't paying attention.

Comment

Working...
                                X