• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: March 1st

For the day, the Shockers are:
    18 and 14

Regular Season (Games of Interest):
    2020 – Won at SMU in Dallas, Texas 66-62. Greatest come from behind in Shocker History as WSU was down 24-points at SMU 26-50 (14:48 2h), 66-62. Dexter Dennis had a career-high 25 points as Wichita State narrowly defeated SMU 66-62 on Sunday. Grant Sherfield made 4 of 5 from 3-point range and finished with 14 points and six assists for Wichita State (22-7, 10-6 American Athletic Conference). Jamarius Burton added six rebounds. Jaime Echenique had 13 rebounds and four blocks.

2018 – (#11) WSU Won at UCF in Orlando, Fla. 75-71 (OT). Wichita State says it wasn't looking past the University of Central Florida, but it did take a while for the 11th-ranked Shockers to get serious about things, beating the Knights 75-71 in overtime on Thursday night. Shaquille Morris scored 19 points and Conner Frankamp added 16 for Wichita State. Landry Shamet scored 14 points and had six assists for the Shockers (24-5, 14-3 American Athletic Conference), who have won seven-straight. "We had some dull moments tonight, but (UCF) really came out and played well," Frankamp said. "We buckled down in overtime and made the stops we had to win the game. Now, I can't wait for Sunday. That's going to be one of the craziest atmospheres ever. Everyone is super excited about it." Darral Willis nailed a fallaway jumper with 37 seconds left in overtime that gave Wichita State a 72-69 lead. The Shockers made three of four free throws in the final 19 seconds to keep UCF at bay.

2014 – (#2) WSU Beat Missouri State in Wichita 68-45. The chant started when Ron Baker walked toward the Wichita State bench for the final time, and reached a crescendo when he popped the front of his jersey -- No. 31. As in, 31-0. A perfect regular season. "Undefeated!" the sellout crowd roared in unison. "Undefeated!" Ron Baker finished with 13 points, Cleanthony Early led the way with 19 and the second-ranked Shockers rolled to a 68-45 victory over Missouri State on Saturday, becoming the first team since Saint Joseph's in 2004 to enter its conference tournament unbeaten. "My teammates told me a couple weeks ago that my number was something special, because that's how many games we could potentially win," Baker said. "I didn't put that together myself, but it's very special. It's going to be something I look back on forever."

2003 – Won at Missouri State in Springfield, Mo. 71-65

1986 – Beat Creighton in Wichita 69-64 (2OT)

1975 – Beat Saint Louis in Wichita 62-60

1969 – Won at Memphis in Memphis, Tenn. 71-61

1965 – Beat Tulsa in Wichita 59-48

1962 – Beat North Texas in Wichita W 110-69

1954 – (#14) WSU Won at Emporia State in Emporia 79-57

1946 – Beat Creighton in Wichita 61-47

1921 – Beat Ottawa in Wichita 26-21

2014 - FULL GAME: UNDEFEATED Missouri State @ #2 Wichita State (3/1/2014)

Comment

2018 – (KEY PLAYS ONLY) Wichita Men's Basketball Highlights (OT) - #11 Wichita State 75, UCF 71

Comment

2020 – (KEY PLAYS ONLY) Wichita State vs SMU (24 POINT COMEBACK) FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS - Mar. 1, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          2014 - FULL GAME: UNDEFEATED Missouri State @ #2 Wichita State (3/1/2014)
          10th Year Anniversary
          2014 – (#2) WSU Beat Missouri State in Wichita 68-45

That was one...fun...day!!!
          UNDEFEATED

Comment

2020 – (KEY PLAYS ONLY) Wichita State vs SMU (24 POINT COMEBACK) FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS - Mar. 1, 2020
            Dex was unconscious for the last 15 minutes of this game.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Things I remember very well about this game...

1. ES did not play 1 second in the second half.
              2. Dex was the #1 player in the world on this day.
              3. We were a tournament team!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Things I remember very well about this game...

1. ES did not play 1 second in the second half.
                2. Dex was the #1 player in the world on this day.
                3. We were a tournament team!
                Having a flashback of the blowout loss at Houston a couple weeks before, I turned this game off when SMU went up by like 24. When the lead quickly cut to like 10, I felt like I had to turn it back on. Gutty comeback…one that, as stated, TP had exactly no part in.

78-65

Comment

Working...
                X