Wichita State: at #1 Houston (03/02/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Did other teams have to deal with COVID? Because I could have sworn that wasn’t just us.
    Sure, who said they didn’t? I was responding directly to Fever. I will support our team if a change is made but do you really think that it won’t take several years to get back to where we are now? I firmly believe that IB has the chops for us to be a top 3 team in the AAC. That will get us in the conversation for at large bid or NIT bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Regardless who the coach is next year, they must re-energize the fan base. The Dave Stallworth faithful numbers are dwindling. They need to go hard after the under 60 crowd plus students.
      I agree we need to cultivate younger fans. But what I think is going to drive that is cutting the ticket prices for rows 20 and above. At the last game they had a $15 special for the upper sections and there were more people in those seats than at any time this year by a large margin. Winning is important but ticket prices make a big difference as well.

Comment

Did other teams have to deal with COVID? Because I could have sworn that wasn’t just us.
        It created an imbalance of schedules because everyone didn't play each other and one team may have played the best teams twice while another team may not have played them more than once. It was a ragged way to establish a champ, but little choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

It created an imbalance of schedules because everyone didn't play each other and one team may have played the best teams twice while another team may not have played them more than once. It was a ragged way to establish a champ, but little choice.
          I was responding to someone else, who used Covid as a reason we have not been successful. My point was that everyone else has had to deal with it too, not just us, so it's not something that you can give a pass to IB for.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

I agree we need to cultivate younger fans. But what I think is going to drive that is cutting the ticket prices for rows 20 and above. At the last game they had a $15 special for the upper sections and there were more people in those seats than at any time this year by a large margin. Winning is important but ticket prices make a big difference as well.
            WSU: Seating_2020_21.jpg (2000×1523) (dxbhsrqyrr690.cloudfront.net)

KSU: 22_23_MBB_Ticket_Guide.pdf

I hate to make this comparison because it is an apples and oranges comparison. WSU absolutely is reliant upon men's basketball season ticket purchases. K-State is not because of their football/TV money.

However, look at these price differences. To buy a pair of season tickets at WSU, it costs a MINIMUM of $1500. You can do the same at K-State for $500.

Money is important. I am absolutely not saying that tickets should be given away. But for a multitude of reasons, WSU needs to build back the fanbase and get them back into the building. It might mean sacrificing some money now in reduced ticket prices (at the very least for upper level tickets), but it would get more people engaged/re-engaged with the program and might be fruitful from a long-term standpoint.
            Last edited by WuShock16; March 7, 2023, 11:33 AM.
            78-65

Comment

I was responding to someone else, who used Covid as a reason we have not been successful. My point was that everyone else has had to deal with it too, not just us, so it's not something that you can give a pass to IB for.
              Gotcha. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

Comment

• NM
                Last edited by WuDrWu; August 23, 2023, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X