Money Question/Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Question/Opinion

What would benefit the basketball program the most?

1. Getting a new head coach and raising the salary by $1,000,000?

OR

2. Getting five 4-star players with each to receive a $200,000 NIL with current head coach?

Accepting the fact if #1, we would be paying off two former coaches plus a new $2 million salary.

Discuss

Talent solves a lot of problems. Look at this roster. We have one 4 star player and it’s apparent who that is. You get 3 or 4 of them on the roster and it can be a game changer in the win/losses columns.

Comment

I'd take a good coach that can recruit and coach. While NIL does influence some talent, it is short lived. I read somewhere that most NIL deals in men's basketball, range from 24k to 45k a year. I know the 5 stars and 4 stars get much more, but if you can get good 2&3 star guys who will stick 3-4 yrs, you'll see a better brand of basketball than watching the one and done guys. Plus it will build back a fan base when they see faces they know.

Comment

I wanna say having 5 4 stars and keeping Brown, but IB is coming off a 15-13 season with Etienne, Council and Porter on the roster. Granted, I think IB is a better coach now than he was then, but would it make that big of a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
          I wanna say having 5 4 stars and keeping Brown, but IB is coming off a 15-13 season with Etienne, Council and Porter on the roster. Granted, I think IB is a better coach now than he was then, but would it make that big of a difference?
          You left out Dennis, who starts for a team that is in 2nd place in the SEC, and Udeze with NM as key players who left.

Comment

A new coach accomplishes a lot more
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Put the coach at 1.5 and leave half a mill for NIL
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You left out Dennis, who starts for a team that is in 2nd place in the SEC, and Udeze with NM as key players who left.

A good coach with that roster wouldn't have been in a night one game in the conference tournament.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
                  What would benefit the basketball program the most?

1. Getting a new head coach and raising the salary by $1,000,000?

OR

2. Getting five 4-star players with each to receive a $200,000 NIL with current head coach?

Accepting the fact if #1, we would be paying off two former coaches plus a new $2 million salary.

Discuss
                  Ask Kentucky fans what all of those all-stars can do for you when you don't have a good strategic coach (Calipari can recruit, but is a so/so coach). A great coach can work wonders with mid-level talent.

Comment

Originally posted by ky-mike View Post

Ask Kentucky fans what all of those all-stars can do for you when you don't have a good strategic coach (Calipari can recruit, but is a so/so coach). A great coach can work wonders with mid-level talent.
                    100%

Comment

Working...
                    X