• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: February 1st

For the day, the Shockers are:
    17 and 13

Regular Season (Games of Interest):
    2022 – Beat Tulsa in Wichita 58-48. Ricky Council IV registered 11 points as Wichita State defeated Tulsa 58-48 on Tuesday night. Tyson Etienne had 10 points for Wichita State (11-8, 2-5 American Athletic Conference). Morris Udeze added eight rebounds and four blocks. Dexter Dennis had six rebounds. Tulsa totaled 18 points in the second half, a season low for the team.

2017 – (RV) WSU won at Drake in Des Moines, Iowa 77-69. Landry Shamet and Conner Frankamp combined to score 33 points and Wichita State earned a 20th win for the eighth straight season as the Shockers eased past Drake, 77-69 on Wednesday night. Wichita State (20-4, 10-1 Missouri Valley) pushed its win streak to five straight and has won 11 of its last 12 games. Drake led by as many as eight points in the second half. Rashard Kelly dunked with 8:09 left to put the Shockers in front for good, 59-58. Shamet converted a layup and Frankamp hit a 3-pointer to push the lead to 64-58. The Bulldogs rallied and got within three, 68-65, on Reed Timmer's 3-pointer with 4:09 left, but got no closer. Shamet hit 6 of 10 from the field and 3 of 4 from long range to finish with 17 points. Frankamp had 16.

2014 – (#4) WSU beat Evansville in Wichita 81-67. It seems the only way anybody from the Missouri Valley Conference is going to spoil No. 4 Wichita State's unbeaten season is if the Shockers spot them a big enough lead. So far, even that hasn't mattered a whole lot. After allowing Evansville to race out to a 15-point lead on Saturday, the Shockers roared back behind big games from Fred VanVleet and Ron Baker. The guards scored 14 points apiece to lead the Shockers to an 81-67 victory at Koch Arena. Cleanthony Early added 13 points and Tekele Cotton had 12 for the Shockers, who haven't lost since last year's surprising run to the Final Four, and now face the toughest two-game stretch standing between them and an unbeaten regular season.

2012 – Won at Missouri State in Springfield, Mo. 74-67. Garrett Stutz notched his seventh double-double of the season to pace Wichita State to a 74-67 victory over Missouri State on Wednesday night. Stutz had 25 points and 11 rebounds for the Shockers (19-4, 10-2 Missouri Valley), who have won nine of 10. Ben Smith sank five 3-pointers and had 21 points, while Toure Murry and Joe Ragland scored 10 apiece. Wichita State trailed 36-34 at the break but opened the second half with a 12-3 run for a 46-39 advantage with 15:10 left. The Shockers pushed the gap to 60-48, but the Bears trimmed it to 68-65 on Downing's jumper with 2:01 to go. However, Wichita State converted six straight free throws in the final 46 seconds.

2011 – Won at Indiana State in Terre Haute, Ind. 70-54. Garrett Stutz scored 15 points as Wichita State pulled away in the second half to beat Indiana State 70-54 on Tuesday night. Stutz hit 7 of 9 shots for the Shockers (19-4,10-2), who took over first place in the Missouri Valley Conference with their school-record sixth straight league road win. J.T. Durley had 13 points and a game-high seven rebounds and Ben Smith added 11 points for Wichita State, which outscored Indiana State 39-26 in the second half. A tip-in by Stutz gave the Shockers a 29-28 lead with 1:37 left in the first half, and they never trailed after that point. Wichita State shot 48.1 percent (25 of 52) to 41.7 percent (20 of 48) for Indiana State. The Shockers swept the season series.

1988 – Beat Bradley in Wichita 116-92

1964 – (#7) WSU beat Marquette in Wichita 100-63

1954 – (#15) WSU won at Creighton in Omaha, Neb. 72-68

1930 – Won at Washburn in Topeka 63-24

1916 – Won at Sterling in Sterling 49-27
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; February 1, 2023, 01:33 PM. Reason: Changed Font to Default and Size to Default

2012 - WSU at Missouri State - Audio (02-01-12)

Comment

Accenting the dates/beginning of each item in "black" does not show up for those using the "Black" background.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Accenting the dates/beginning of each item in "black" does not show up for those using the "Black" background.
        I don't know why that is happening. I didn't bold any of the years when I started the thread. It must be a system Issue. In the interim, change your background to the "Default vB5 Style" format.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

I don't know why that is happening. I didn't bold any of the years when I started the thread. It must be a system Issue. In the interim, change your background to the "Default vB5 Style" format.
          You have a color style at the beginning of each paragraph and also at the end or somewhere within the body of each paragraph of bracket 0f0f0f bracket.

That bracketed format is not contained in any of your previous History posts, so something was done differently today on your end.

Sorry, but I don't like the BRIGHT white background and that's why I do not use it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

You have a color style at the beginning of each paragraph and also at the end or somewhere within the body of each paragraph of bracket 0f0f0f bracket.

That bracketed format is not contained in any of your previous History posts, so something was done differently today on your end.

Sorry, but I don't like the BRIGHT white background and that's why I do not use it.
            Yes, WSR - you should highlight your entire post and change the color to Automatic so that people can view it regardless of the background style they have.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Yes, WSR - you should highlight your entire post and change the color to Automatic so that people can view it regardless of the background style they have.
              Let me know if that resolved the issue.

Comment

"1930 – Won at Washburn in Topeka 63-24"

I was there...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  "1930 – Won at Washburn in Topeka 63-24"

I was there...

Bet you're proud of that great-grandson. You've held up well. You haven't changed a bit.

Comment

Working...
                  X