Wichita State at SMU (01/22/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Isn't that Saal shaking hands? I'm not sure. Whoever it was, was totally ignored by IB when he walked by.
    FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      This is going to be fun. Haven’t read the game thread since tip off. The back and forth flows should be enjoyable.
      Don’t waste your time…. The John Woodens of the board spin all of their wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
        Pretty good weekend:

1. Kansas Jayhawks lose at home in embarrassing fashion. ✔️
        2. Reaper makes pregame Shockers win with 71 points. ✔️
        3. Kansas City Chiefs win. ✔️
        4. Wichita State Shockers win with 71 points and Reaper's 4th straight drive to Dallas to cheer the Black and Yellow to Victory. You're welcome. ✔️✔️✔️ ✔️
        5. Cincinnati wins, giving KC Chiefs home field game. ✔️

Go Shockers!!!
        And Cowboys lose the nightcap

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

And Cowboys lose the nightcap
          That was probably the easiest call going into the weekend.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              If CP has a good game I'll take the Shocks...
              Well, glady, my prediction was wrong. Uncle Mo changed rather quickly today, eh?

It's always nice to get a road win in D1 College Basketball...

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                  Reminds me of the juco team on Last Chance U. They don’t give a **** about Wichita State or team success, they just want to get theirs. If theyr’e not playing, they might as well be staring at their cell phone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Reminds me of the juco team on Last Chance U. They don’t give a **** about Wichita State or team success, they just want to get theirs. If theyr’e not playing, they might as well be staring at their cell phone.
                    I noticed that as well. I saw Rojas on the edge of his seat cheering and yelling some. But otherwise it was basically golf claps from the bench.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Don’t waste your time…. The John Woodens of the board spin all of their wisdom
                      You’re the smartest poster on this board. Except you never say anything until after the fact.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• That was a sneak preview of the 8 vs 9 game in Ft Worth. Same spot as last year.

That meltdown was about as bad as it gets.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shox are currently at the top of the bottom tier in 7th placxe in the league.

The 3 wins have come against USF (8th), SMU (9th), and Tulsa (last - 11th)

The 4 losses have been to ECU (10th), Memphis (3rd), UCF (6th), Cincy (4th)

We've already played the teams at 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11. It seems that the schedule from here out could be tougher than schedule we've had so far.
                          Last edited by Aargh; January 23, 2023, 12:11 AM.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Did our previous AD travel with the teams ?
                            Yes.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

That was probably the easiest call going into the weekend.
                              I dunno .. I had the Bengals as a lock all week. Jumped all over the boosted parlay of Bengals/49ers wins .. easy money

Comment

• When Porter came back into the game with the big lead there was no attempt to do anything offensively until the shot clock was down to about 8 seconds, I was thinking that could lead to disaster. The Shox aren't really efficient at late shot clock plays.

IB totally abandoned what had gotten the big lead and set something up that hasn't historically produced any points. That put SMU in a position where they only had to play defense for a few seconds. It let them rest and gave them hope when they had been on the ropes.

Then they repeatedly threw the inbounds pass to the exact spot SMU wanted the ball. It seemed that when the trap was set in the corner there were 4 guys watching to see what was going to happen instead of trying to get to a spot where they could get the ball.
                                Last edited by Aargh; January 23, 2023, 02:15 PM.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X