WSU Athletic Department and the whole money thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

* cough * cough * Lew Perkins * cough * cough *
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Eric Sexton got some criticism here, and maybe he wasn't the best AD (not saying yea or nay to that), but Eric knew and still knows how to treat people. He did well with the big boosters because he knew many of them practically his entire life. That said, he wasn't blinded by money. My wife and I aren't big donors by any stretch, but he has always been so, so very good to us. When my wife finished with her degree and walked across the stage at graduation, Eric got up from his seat on the stage to hug and congratulate her. My wife still glows about him today. Eric is a good man.
      Schaus was both a good technical AD and promoter.

Eric was a great promoter, but not so much as a technical AD.

Boatright was neither.

Fortunately, we may have hired both a good technical AD and promoter again in Saal.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Schaus was both a good technical AD and promoter.

Eric was a great promoter, but not so much as a technical AD.

Boatright was neither.

Fortunately, we may have hired both a good technical AD and promoter again in Saal.
        Boatright was 3G’s coffee boy

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Boatright was 3G’s coffee boy
          He got a 37% raise for firing 3G. Pretty good payday for a coffee boy backstabber.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He got a 37% raise for firing 3G. Pretty good payday for a coffee boy backstabber.
            THIS is what took WSU basketball from a top 20 - 40 program and dropped it 100 spots and still on a downward trend.

Muma was around when Bardo put WSU on the map for innovation. Muma was around when Marshall put WSU on the map for sports and the resulting effect on student recruiting. He saw how Bardo leveraged Marshall to raise student enrollment and public perception of WSU.

The fault for the destruction of the basketball program goes all the way to the Board of Regents for hiring a guy who had no interest in continuing what had made WSU a nationally significant school for both athletics and student enrollment. I get the feeling it was another BoR decision that was basically a "who cares, it's not KSU or KU" decision.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

THIS is what took WSU basketball from a top 20 - 40 program and dropped it 100 spots and still on a downward trend.

Muma was around when Bardo put WSU on the map for innovation. Muma was around when Marshall put WSU on the map for sports and the resulting effect on student recruiting. He saw how Bardo leveraged Marshall to raise student enrollment and public perception of WSU.

The fault for the destruction of the basketball program goes all the way to the Board of Regents for hiring a guy who had no interest in continuing what had made WSU a nationally significant school for both athletics and student enrollment. I get the feeling it was another BoR decision that was basically a "who cares, it's not KSU or KU" decision.
              Marshall was running that university… Muma didn’t want that.

Comment

Originally posted by melcong4 View Post

Marshall was running that university… Muma didn’t want that.
                I have seen not one bit of evidence to support that hypothesis. I've got academic friends (professors) who opposed Marshall because his temperament didn't fit what they thought was a positive look for WSU. I've got friends inside the athletic department who support Muma and have convinced me he will do whatever it takes to maintain the basketball program and that he has no trouble making hard decisions.

There is evidence that Golden didn't want Marshall, but there's nothing I've seen that indicates Muma shared that opinion.

Muma is pretty much moot on the subject as he was not in a position to influence the decision involving Marshall's continued employment. That was done under Golden's brief, but disastrous, tenure.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I’m on the fence about Muma.

I think he should have made the “hard decision” to keep Marshall and weather the media storm that would have fizzled out.

His hiring of ADKS has appeared to be a good one, but that doesn’t get him back to even yet.

How they handle saving the program (from the mess they created) will ultimately be how he is judged, IMO
                  The Assman

Comment

Working...
                  X