Chadrack Lufile, 6-9 verbals to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chadrack Lufile, 6-9 verbals to WSU

Just a heads up as it has gotten buried already in the actual recruiting thread.

According to his twitter page he has given a verbal to WSU.

Things are interesting....

SR - Armstead, Williams, Ehimen, Hall
    JR - Early, Wiggins, Lufile
    SO - White, Wessel, Cotton
    FR - Baker, Hawkins, Green, Uwadiae, FVV

I think that covers everyone potentially on 'ship (15). Take away Armstead and we'd still be one over. There are potential questions about Hawkins and Uwadiae getting through the Clearinghouse. At least there's nice balance in the classes right now. Hall is also a potential question mark as far as eligibility goes. Worst case scenario has us with 12 and Armstead getting a 'ship. I don't know what best case scenario would be since we'd still be one over if Armstead is paying his own way.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out and what we hear from who and when...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think Godfrey is still a possibility as well. The scholly scenario is going to be interesting. In the end, I have faith in the coaches that it will all work out for the best.
      "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

I don't expect Armstead to be on a basketball scholarship OR paying his own way. Others have pointed out an exception that might cover him, but I don't remember the exact details -- something about being non-recruited -- and don't have time to look it up or do any research on it. That's why I trust the coaches, whose job it is to know such things; it's also one small illustration of what I mean when I say that successful coaches know so much more than fans do that they're almost on a different planet in some respects.

Bottom line is that I believe your list includes 14 at most, and it would greatly surprise me if all three of Uwadiae, Hawkins, and Hall are along for the ride next year. If somehow they are, though, I'm confident the staff will find a legal and aboveboard way to handle it.

Comment

One of Lufile's assistant coaches at Coffeyville tweeted this:

another Coffeyville CC soph is now committed..6'9 Chadrack Lufile is headed to WichitaState over several high majors..
          So it appears more than just us and Indiana State were after him.

Comment

Godfrey might be the better talent, but I'm very happy that we got who I was hoping we'd get.....CHAD(take it to the )RACK LUFILE!!

Welcome to ShockerNation!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Things are interesting....

SR - Armstead, Williams, Ehimen, Hall
              JR - Early, Wiggins, Lufile
              SO - White, Wessel, Cotton
              FR - Baker, Hawkins, Green, Uwadiae, FVV

I think that covers everyone potentially on 'ship (15). Take away Armstead and we'd still be one over. There are potential questions about Hawkins and Uwadiae getting through the Clearinghouse. At least there's nice balance in the classes right now. Hall is also a potential question mark as far as eligibility goes. Worst case scenario has us with 12 and Armstead getting a 'ship. I don't know what best case scenario would be since we'd still be one over if Armstead is paying his own way.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out and what we hear from who and when...
              Maybe an academic scholarship is in the works.

Note: My comment is pure guess work.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Comment

"After shortening a seemingly never ending list of NCAA schools, it came down to TCU, Georgetown, Missouri , WSU, Illinois, and Mississippi…ultimately selecting Wichita State to join best friend and fellow CanadianNick Wiggins."

We may not be in the running for little brother, but best friend looks pretty darn good. Thanks Nick!!!

Comment

"After shortening a seemingly never ending list of NCAA schools, it came down to TCU, Georgetown, Missouri , WSU, Illinois, and Mississippi…ultimately selecting Wichita State to join best friend and fellow Canadian Nick Wiggins."
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Wessel and/or Baker for that matter pay their own way. In state tuition at WSU is very affordable, especially if you can get a partial academic scholarship to assist.
                        Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                          I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Wessel and/or Baker for that matter pay their own way. In state tuition at WSU is very affordable, especially if you can get a partial academic scholarship to assist.
                          Maybe. Baker was supposedly promised/guaranteed a schollie for next year, but if alternative financial aid is available (legally of course) that is just as good...

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                            It's not best to speculate about kids this way. Everything will come out soon and you may be completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              It's not best to speculate about kids this way. Everything will come out soon and you may be completely wrong.
                              Don't worry it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong about something. I didn't realize speculation was ill advised on a message board.
                              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                              X