• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: December 19th

For the day, the Shockers are:
    21 and 11

Regular Season (Games of Interest):
    2009 - Beat Texas Tech in Wichita 85-83. Clevin Hannah sparked the biggest moments of the game for the Shockers. J.T. Durley's missed free throw was rebounded by Wichita State, and Garrett Stutz made the first of two free throws. When Stutz missed his second, another offensive rebound led to Hannah's tying 3-pointer. One possession later, Hannah buried a baseline 3-pointer. When Stutz followed with two more free throws 22 seconds later, it was 66-61 Wichita State. The Red Raiders did cut the lead to three twice in the final 30 seconds, but Hatch and Hannah answered with free throws. A turnaround 3-pointer by Tairu cut Wichita State's lead to 85-83 with 1 second on the clock, but the Shockers threw the inbound pass to Durley on the far end of the court to seal the victory.

2007 - Beat LSU in Wichita 67-47. Ramon Clemente had 11 points and 10 rebounds Wednesday night as Wichita State beat Louisiana State 67-47 at Koch Arena. The Shockers (6-4) held LSU to its worst shooting half of the season in the first half, then held the Tigers to two points in a key eight-minute span of the second half. Wichita State's Phil Thomasson led all scorers with 15 points.

1987 - Won at Oregon State in Corvallis, Oregon 60-57

1964 - Beat BYU in Wichita 81-65

1981 - Beat UTRGV in Wichita 118-65. 4th all-time points scored, and WSU made 50 field-goals.

1963 - Won at Minnesota in Minneapolis, Minn 71-65

1962 - Beat Michigan State in Wichita 80-65

1960 - Beat Michigan in Wichita 94-76

1955 - Beat TCU in Wichita 79-69 (OT)

1951 - Won at San Diego State in San Diego, Calif. 74-59

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, COMBINE THESE !!!!!!!!

Comment

Sort of disappointed admins haven't stepped in. Look at the poll. Everyone wants them combined or taken off the basketball board. At this point reaper is just screwing with us because he's allowed to.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Sort of disappointed admins haven't stepped in. Look at the poll. Everyone wants them combined or taken off the basketball board. At this point reaper is just screwing with us because he's allowed to.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Everyone? Where's the poll? How many responded? I didn't see it, but I peruse these threads very quickly. Some of these historical items are interesting, but most aren't. I just don't spend much time on it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Everyone? Where's the poll? How many responded? I didn't see it, but I peruse these threads very quickly. Some of these historical items are interesting, but most aren't. I just don't spend much time on it anymore.
            It probably got buried in between all the "Today in Shocker History" and "Fire the Coach" posts

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It probably got buried in between all the "Today in Shocker History" and "Fire the Coach" posts
              I see 2 fire the coach threads on the front page.

I see 23 of the other.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's still on the first page

Comment

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, he's just screwing with you.....I'm sure he woke up this morning and said" How can I get those guys today???"

Comment

Why does he keep creating separate threads when it crystal clear nobody wants them?

Comment

Thanks. I never saw it before.

Comment

Why does he keep creating separate threads when it crystal clear nobody wants them?
                          Only 21 people voted with only one for having separate threads (Is that you Reaper?).

Is 21 all that participate on Shockernet? If so that’s disappointing, but I would think that most didn’t vote. Maybe a lot don’t care. I will leave this dispute to those who do care.

Comment

Only 21 people voted with only one for having separate threads (Is that you Reaper?).

Is 21 all that participate on Shockernet? If so that’s disappointing, but I would think that most didn’t vote. Maybe a lot don’t care. I will leave this dispute to those who do care.
                            I didn't vote and I look at it like a bunch of ladies at church arguing about what color the new carpet should be. Me, who cares.

Comment

I didn't vote and I don't care how the info is delivered. Since they are doing the work, I'll leave it to them. I would like to see it all moved into a single thread once a full year goes past for easier reference.

Edit: Why do we need so many threads with people complaining about it. We should put all the complaints in just one thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X