Thursday's paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday's paper

Last night, Hutchinson defeated Butler, 78-62.

The Stutz family was there to watch Logan Stutz, Garrett's brother, play for Butler. Coach Marshall and his wife were also in attendence.

Logan is 6'8". He had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
    He shot 5-12, 6-6 on FT, and 0-2 for 3's.

Any chance Logan would get a scholly or walk-on? Granted, playing time might be a little thin with two 7-footers coming into the fold but maybe the boys would jump at the chance to play together. Sure would be efficient for Mom and Dad's travel planning.

Comment

It's been mentioned he is a walk-on possibility but he also has some offers.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Could have been looking at some Hutch players too.

Comment

The highlights made it appear that Hutch has some really good athletes. And just because the other Stutz is only 6'8", doesn't mean he has to play center. Plus he is taller than everyone we have on the roster now.

Comment

he sounds like he would be a good pick up

and no hes not AE is 6'9
            ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerNut2305
              he sounds like he would be a good pick up

and no hes not AE is 6'9
              But he would be our tallest post player.

Comment

yes thats true

i didnt think about that
                ShockerNut 2305

Comment

That was a good game last night. Hutch kept a 10 to 20 point lead for most of the 2nd half.

Saw HCGM talking to a father and son but I dont know if that was the Stutz family.

Comment

Were they really tall white guys?

Comment

I wish I would have taken the 25 minutes and driven over there. Sounds like it was a fun game to watch.

And on Logan, if he can play and wants to work hard, I would love to see him wear a Shocker Uni too. A couple of guys on a team with their families' values could only help a team out.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                        Any chance Logan would get a scholly or walk-on? Granted, playing time might be a little thin with two 7-footers coming into the fold but maybe the boys would jump at the chance to play together. Sure would be efficient for Mom and Dad's travel planning.
                        I have heard from multible sources including Garretts Father and Garrett that Logan might walk on.

Garrets Dad described logan to me as a physical scrappy player, while garrett is a finesse type player.
                        "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                        CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU
                          That was a good game last night. Hutch kept a 10 to 20 point lead for most of the 2nd half.
                          I wonder if HCGM was checking out Hutch's PG Bobby Maze. Apparently, he said he's going to Maryland, but that doesn't mean HCGM isn't still pursuing him. He's 6'3 and has some good handles.
                          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                            I wonder if HCGM was checking out Hutch's PG Bobby Maze. Apparently, he said he's going to Maryland, but that doesn't mean HCGM isn't still pursuing him. He's 6'3 and has some good handles.
                            Would we want a guy who committed to Gary Williams? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Originally posted by BA2929
                              Would we want a guy who committed to Gary Williams? ;-)

Hmmm... you have a point.
                              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X