• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: December 18th

For the day, the Shockers are:
    18 and 15

Regular Season (Games of Interest):
    2010 - Won at LSU in Bossier City, Louisiana 70-69. Garrett Stutz hit a 3-pointer with 7 seconds remaining to give Wichita State a 70-69 win over Louisiana State on Saturday night. J.T. Durley, Toure Murry and David Kyles each scored 13 points and Stutz had 12 for the Shockers (8-2), which won their third straight game. LSU rallied from a 14-point halftime deficit to take a 68-64 lead with 36 seconds to play. The Shockers ended the game with a 6-1 run.

2002 - Beat Lamar in Wichita 92-73

1979 - Beat Samford in Wichita. Antonine Carr (FR) had 6 Dunks and 31 points

1978 - Beat Texas-Arlington 104-72 in Wichita. The Shockers had 73 rebounds (2nd all-time)

1971 - Beat Southern Illinois in Wichita. Ron Harris had 45 points

1969 - Won at Loyola Chicago in Champaign-Urbana 96-94

1965 - Beat Texas Tech 105-84. Melvin Reed had 30 points

1961 - Beat (#2) Cincinnati in Wichita 52-51. Lanny Van Eman’s jump shot with three seconds to play gave the Shockers the win and snapped the Bearcats’ 27-game winning streak. Cincinnati, which had won the NCAA title the previous spring, had the ball and a one-point lead late when Larry Shingleton was called for a charging foul against the Shockers’ Jerry Kittiko.

1957 - Beat UCLA in Wichita 83-68

1958 - Won at Wyoming in Laramie, Wyoming 42-38

1947 - Won at Culver-Stockton in Canton, Missouri 45-43 (OT)

1913 - Won at Oklahoma School of Technology 40-21
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; December 21, 2022, 08:04 AM.

Thank you for these, AND way NOT to cave....we have dozens of threads about firing a coach...I think people with the simplest ability to read and comprehend can handle a daily look at Shoker history...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      Thank you for these, AND way NOT to cave....we have dozens of threads about firing a coach...I think people with the simplest ability to read and comprehend can handle a daily look at Shoker history...
      LMFAO. You’re such a chode.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

good job, reaper. this is the best thing about wsu bball these days.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

LMFAO. You’re such a chode.
          Hey, Thanks again! Merry Christmas to you!

Comment

I don't think anyone is questioning the validity of the posts. I enjoy reading them. I think the point is that we don't need a separate post for every day. Keep it in a running thread with a sticky at the top. Very reasonable request.

Comment

Working...
            X