• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: December 16th

For the day, the Shockers are:
    9 and 7

Regular Season (Games of Interest):
    2014 - #11 WSU Beat Alabama in Wichita 53-52. Trailing Alabama by 11 points with 5:50 remaining, Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall called his team together to prepare them for a final push. "He brings us into the huddle and was completely positive, trying to fuel our fire even more," said Shockers guard Ron Baker. "That's the kind of coach you want to play for, and we responded to it., the Shockers (8-1) took the final lead on Darius Carter's slam with 11.9 seconds remaining, part of his game-high 16 points.

1995 - Beat Mississippi in Wichita 72-59

1970 - Beat Nevada in Wichita 97-65

1969 - Beat Saint Louis in Wichita 82-78

1963 - Beat Texas in Wichita 76-57

1957 - Beat Iowa in Wichita 81-78

1948 - Beat Colorado State in Fort Collins, Colorado 50-42

1926 - Beat Northwestern Oklahoma State in Wichita 33-18

Please combine these into one thread. They are not driving discussion and they are getting limited views. The only thing you are doing is cluttering up the front page.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
      Please combine these into one thread. They are not driving discussion and they are getting limited views. The only thing you are doing is cluttering up the front page.
      Are you a board moderator? If not, go back to criticizing the coaches or cluttering up the board in YOUR method....this actually serves a historical purpose...

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Are you a board moderator? If not, go back to criticizing the coaches or cluttering up the board in YOUR method....this actually serves a historical purpose...
        Lol. Look above you and you might see what you’re missing flying over your head.

the posts are fine but Reaper makes a new thread for everything they post. Quite annoying.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Then.......Don't.Read.Them Pretty simple.

Comment

I doubt I'm the only one in this boat, but I generally like Reaper and don't want to block them. With that said, blocking them will clean up the board on my end and it's something I'm considering and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Nobody minds posts about Shocker History. I think most of us just believe that it would be better served in a single thread. I've even stopped looking at most of them at this point because it's annoying.

I'll hold out hope that things will change in the near future before doing what I have to do myself.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't mind whichever way they want to post them. That said, if they were in one thread, one could go to just that thread to locate info or simply peruse.

Perhaps when one year's time is over, they can all be placed in a single thread by the mods for easy access.

Comment

Then.......Don't.Read.Them Pretty simple.
                I generally like the posts, but I don’t think we need a new thread on it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  I doubt I'm the only one in this boat, but I generally like Reaper and don't want to block them. With that said, blocking them will clean up the board on my end and it's something I'm considering and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Nobody minds posts about Shocker History. I think most of us just believe that it would be better served in a single thread. I've even stopped looking at most of them at this point because it's annoying.

I'll hold out hope that things will change in the near future before doing what I have to do myself.
                  This

Comment

Maybe there is a compromise somewhere. Maybe a "This week in Shocker History". And then list the whole week. That would cut it down quite a bit.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

lol you’re such a little biotch
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Reaper just comes off as a very sensitive baby in all of this. And defiant, which makes it worse.

The content is quite good and entertaining and brings things back to some better times, but my god, the delivery is god awful.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Says who? You and sub? Blow it out your a**...

Comment

Maybe put up a poll? Individual threads vs an ongoing thread? I'd also vote for one ongoing thread versus a new one every day

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                              Maybe there is a compromise somewhere. Maybe a "This week in Shocker History". And then list the whole week. That would cut it down quite a bit.
                              This is an underrated idea. I like it!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X