Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Va Tech fires

Seth Greenburg.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/04/23/sports/s131103D45.DTL
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

This could be trouble....

Comment

Given Marshall's ties to the area, he's certain to be mentioned.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Oh no and Manning has already found a job, hahaha.

No seriously, thanks a lot VT for waiting till friging end of April for this fun.

I say offer Bilas, then Gottlieb, then if neither find one of many Witches that live in Witchita (wherever that is) and have her mix a boiling pot of Vitales voice box and Barkleys man cans. Then have Sexton drink this mixture before making the next hire.

Comment

I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
            Given Marshall's ties to the area, he's certain to be mentioned.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/vtbasketball/wb/280654
            Gregg Marshall used to attend Virginia Tech-Virginia basketball games at the Roanoke Civic Center.

He watched football games at Lane Stadium.

The Cave Spring High School graduate will be back in Southwest Virginia today,

It's worse than I thought!

Comment

he wont come to VT, its a horrible basketball environment here. They couldnt even sell out for Duke and North Carolina. Marshall isnt leaving

Comment

His home at Crestview was right on the edge of some pretty significant storm damage on the 14th. Mostly tree damage I believe. Hopefully, that didn't rattle Gregg and Lynn too much.

Comment

Just for the record, if Marshall did leave, I wouldn't mind just swapping coaches and hiring Greenburg. He is a quality coach who hasn't gotten the support he really deserves and I think would thrive at a basketball crazy school.

Not that I want that to happen. I'd obviously prefer that Marshall stay.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

A few mentions of Gregg, but mostly Short Shake Shaka being mentioned.

"I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      His home at Crestview was right on the edge of some pretty significant storm damage on the 14th. Mostly tree damage I believe. Hopefully, that didn't rattle Gregg and Lynn too much.
                      Literally" on the edge - It looks like the tornado lifted and crossed central about 1/4 mile west of 127th. Not getting much press, but there was significant tree damage to the back 9 of the South course and front of the North. Huge cottonwoods toppled with the root balls ripped up, but no real damage to flowers and things at ground level. Looks like the winds were 150 mph+ at tree top level and they fell like toothpicks. no idea where the MArshall's were, but we live near there and when the power was lost as it crossed central, you could hear the "train" of the funnel as it came through. The main swath was probably an 1/8th of a mile east of their home. Everyone out here was very lucky. Mostly tree damage, but not a lot of home damage. These pics are a bit East of their home.
                      Crestview April 14 2012 004.jpgCrestview April 14 2012 006.jpgIMG_0127.jpg
                      Last edited by Rixtoy1; April 23, 2012, 07:39 PM.
                      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Spaulding View Post
                        A few mentions of Gregg, but mostly Short Shake Shaka being mentioned.

http://virginiatech.rivals.com/forum.asp
                        Really tired of mediocre BCS teams thinking they have a shot at Shaka and his ilk, or Marshall to a lesser degree, when they've already shown what they consider to be a job worth leaving for. And VT ain't it.

Shaka is likely holding out for a Duke/UNC type job. Marshall is holding out for around $2.5m at a strong basketball BCS program.

We know what jobs they've turned down. Why even mention them in regards to jobs that are equivalent or worse to ones they turned down?
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                          Literally" on the edge - It looks like the tornado lifted and crossed central about 1/4 mile west of 127th. Not getting much press, but there was significant tree damage to the back 9 of the South course and front of the North. Huge cottonwoods toppled with the root balls ripped up, but no real damage to flowers and things at ground level. Looks like the winds were 150 mph+ at tree top level and they fell like toothpicks. no idea where the MArshall's were, but we live near there and when the power was lost as it crossed central, you could hear the "train" of the funnel as it came through. The main swath was probably an 1/8th of a mile east of their home. Everyone out here was very lucky. Mostly tree damage, but not a lot of home damage. I'll run out and grab a pic of one of the trees felled near there and post it a bit later.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]298[/ATTACH]
                          I live a couple of miles W of Crestview and a little closer to 13th street and while we had strong winds nothing to cause any damage. However, I know someone who has a large, heavily treed lot on the golf course and he lost about 30 trees and had a lof of debris from the golf course on his lot. He had a few pulled up by the roots as your picture shows and a number simply broken off above ground. In any case, it was amazing that you could have that much damage to the trees and very little damage to the home. Thank goodness that funnel lifted as it crossed central or there would have been some press.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                            Literally" on the edge - It looks like the tornado lifted and crossed central about 1/4 mile west of 127th. Not getting much press, but there was significant tree damage to the back 9 of the South course and front of the North. Huge cottonwoods toppled with the root balls ripped up, but no real damage to flowers and things at ground level. Looks like the winds were 150 mph+ at tree top level and they fell like toothpicks. no idea where the MArshall's were, but we live near there and when the power was lost as it crossed central, you could hear the "train" of the funnel as it came through. The main swath was probably an 1/8th of a mile east of their home. Everyone out here was very lucky. Mostly tree damage, but not a lot of home damage. These pics are a bit East of their home.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]297[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]299[/ATTACH]
                            Thanks for the shots. Didn't realize there was damage that far north.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Virginia and the east coast still have tornados.

Comment

Working...
                              X