• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: December 13th

For the day, the Shockers are:
    14 and 8

Regular Season (Games of Interest):
    2022 - Beat Mississippi Valley State, 71-48. Broke a 38-year-old school record for turnover margin. The Shockers (6-4) forced 23 Delta Devil turnovers while committing just three to finish at +20. The previous mark (+18) was set Dec. 29, 1984 against Hartford (16 to 34). WSU’s +20 margin also the largest this season in a game involving two NCAA Division I programs.

2014 - Won at Detroit 77-68. The was the last Bracketbuster return game played. Ron Baker came into the game shooting 54 percent from 3-point range, so when he missed nine in a row from beyond the arc during one frustrating stretch, there was no reason to panic. "It's just part of the game. It's not like I was missing horrifically -- most of them were in and out," the Wichita State guard said. "I've been in a pretty good groove." Baker kept on shooting, and his 3-pointer with 2:44 remaining helped the #11th-ranked Shockers outlast Detroit 77-68 on Saturday. The Titans led by 10 in the second half before Wichita State rallied.

2010 - Beat Alabama A&M in Wichita 71-49. Toure Murry scored a season-high 20 points to help Wichita State turn a three-point halftime (1st half 38-35) lead into a 71-49 victory.

2003 - Won at Missouri State in Springfield, Mo. 81-63. The shockers stermed back from being down at the half 34-35.

1990 - Won at Drake in Des Moines, Iowa 84-65

1986 - Beat Kansas State in Wichita 63-60

1969 - Beat Kansas State in Wichita 77-73. Greg Carney had 30 points.

1956 - Beat Xavier in Wichita 93-86

1938 - Beat Washburn in Wichita 33-20

1937 - Won at Benadictine in Atchison 43-26

1935 - Won at Friends in Wichita (Friends) 52-19
    Last edited by WuShock Reaper; December 14, 2022, 06:38 PM.

It's really, REALLY hard to remember any shot, much less a 3, that Ron took that wasn't a good shot. I'm sure it happened, but it's hard to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      It's really, REALLY hard to remember any shot, much less a 3, that Ron took that wasn't a good shot. I'm sure it happened, but it's hard to remember.
      Only ones that stick out to me were during the Holiday tournament when everybody including Fred got hurt and everything was on Ron's back ...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        A little different than the scenario you mentioned, but I remember a roadie at Drake where both Ron and Fred fouled 3pt shooters at separate occasions. I think we texted, basically saying that neither of us had that on our bingo card for the game.

78-65

Comment

I was at the Detroit game. They played us tough with Juwan Howard Jr as their best player. Small gym.

Comment

Working...
          X