Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: at Kansas State (12/03/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well IB doesn't sound too upset talking to MK. Talked about Ricks making the 3 pointer before half. Lol, too bad it didn't count.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• The loses hurt, but aren't they good in the long run? Yep, that's what its come down to, accepting the L, hoping it expedites the coaching change.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        This team is almost unwatchable. Our brand of basketball is beyond ugly.
        That's my thing. I can handle some losses as it's an entirely new team, which should be expected. But this is *ugly*. It's been *ugly* since IB took over, with games coming close repeatedly, and failing to close out, failing to establish crisp screens and everything. I was excited with IB got the contract, but he's quickly killing my love for shocker basketball. I went through a lot of trouble to watch this game and come out feeling like I wish I hadn't.

Comment

• I don't generally rag on the ref's but they hurt us tonight especially on the reversal. It was clearly a reach in foul for a 1-1 but Nowell also punched the ball out of CP's hands. I was pleased with how hard we played. Walton getting hurt and sitting hurt and that just left us with CP offensively. That is when we lost our lead. XB needs to stop dribbling into trouble along the baseline and taking those bad angle threes from the corner - those shots are too tough. Rojas is our only capable back to the basket player but wants to play on the perimeter where he turns the ball over. Hope the coaches notice. As bad as the league is this year I think we have enough talent to finish around 4-5 maybe even 3rd. Disappointed once again but keep grinding.

Comment

• Until IB gets out of the zone defense we are going to continue to lose. We haven’t had an offense since he got the head coaching job. I would really like to know what KState and Mizzou shot percentage wise when we played zone. Maybe Taylor can answer that question.

Comment

• Just saw this same script last game. No Poor Bear, Photo, or JP.. Way too many turnovers and more long offense laspes without scoring at all. Ricks shot waved off at the end of 1st half and Shocks had an overturned call late in 2nd half. Porter had a 3 opportunity but we were too congested and instead watched his pass go out of play. As IB noted before the game, to win we must play well for 40 minutes.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
                Rojas needs some work
                Filling water bottles would be excellent work for him.

It's nice to see all this athleticism the staff recruited. Sure wish the had found more than 2 or 3 basketball players though.

Comment

• Be honest….how many truly believed at halftime (or even later) that the Shocks would find a way to win?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

They burned us off the dribble when we went man
                    They burned us in both low and high post when we played zone. Though they could have burned us worse in those positions.

Comment

• You won't start making shots unless and until you start taking good shots.

Still a poor ball handling team. But with Scott in more, it's a little better.

Walton in foul trouble then hurt....No Kenny (sick) no JP (also sick?) then no Walton.....yet we lead with a little over a minute and basically the entire game against a 6-1 P5 on the road?

Gotta give them credit for something, at least the effort.

Our end of possession/clock/halftime/end of game execution might be the worst all time in the game of basketball, any level.

Still have to applaud the effort. Dang it...make free throws and we're no worse than 6-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

They burned us in both low and high post when we played zone. Though they could have burned us worse in those positions.
                        We gave up 55 points. They didn't really burn us much at all, to be fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

No such thing as a “moral victory”.
                          There probably will be after a few more games though.

Comment

• While at the game tonight, I asked the lady sitting next to us (a Shocker fan) why we hadn't seen anything from Pohto this game. Without hesitation she replied " Because he's not very good".

​​​​

Comment

• I thought the offense was pretty decent first half, passing was good, taking good shots and hitting them. Second half the opposite. Less team ball more one on one and terrible passing. We need to get a point guard established and it doesn’t need to be Porter. He’s better as a two. Scott good first half bad second. Walton was solid and on a bit of a roll then he got hurt and was out and momentum seemed to change. Downhill from there

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                Nice to finally see Ricks. A very winnable game if, if, if, we can slow our roll on turnovers please.
                                "If" seemed to be the biggest word in the dictionary.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X