No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Bear needs to get waaay more of the minutes at the 5. Ballard and Pohto are unplayable.

Comment

• Disappointing loss, a lot of bone head moves, sloppy passes,, forced drives into defenders, poor blockouts on rebounding....
      But much improved. IB was engaged, better ball movement. Still a long ways to go, but there was progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
        Disappointing loss, a lot of bone head moves, sloppy passes,, forced drives into defenders, poor blockouts on rebounding....
        But much improved. IB was engaged, better ball movement. Still a long ways to go, but there was progress.
        TOTALLY agree on the dribbling into traps, especially with hand checking not being called

Comment

Disappointing loss, a lot of bone head moves, sloppy passes,, forced drives into defenders, poor blockouts on rebounding....
          Is IB your long term answer? If not, real or imagined progress is irrelevant.

Comment

• In the last 2 games, our opponents have totaled 26 steals on us and we had only 5 total steals. I'm hoping for more minutes from Scott S. to slow down this big concern to a mild roar.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Porter was almost unwatchable as he constantly either took bad shots, turned it over, or went right into 3 Missouri players. Out rebounded by smaller less athletic players, boneheaded plays, no coaching or real adjustments… pohto looked awful playing, officials were even worse and ultimately they could have won if they made east free throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Specifically who are you talking about? I want to see if your answers jibe with mine.
                I will PM you.
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Porter is a really good player, let’s not bag on him too much. He’s playing the wrong position. We need help at the 2 and it’s sitting under IB’s nose.

Comment

• ESPN shows attendance at 7,400. I think that was pretty close. Poor Bear had a couple of good moments but he is not good defensively. They were owning him inside. He doesn't block out and gives up rebounds. FT shooting was terrible. Assists were much better but partly because we made shots. Porter and Walton had too many turnovers but half of them we're uncalled fouls. The disparity in calls was ridiculous. I don't get the hate for Porter. He had 14 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 turnovers, 3 blocks and a steal. I hope he cleans up the turnovers but without him we would be much worse.
                    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I will PM you.
                      No secrets. Post for all to see

Comment

• This was more frustrating than most losses because .. frankly Missouri didn't beat us .. we beat ourselves. The missed FTs. The bone headed turnovers (how do you just let a ball go out of bounds in the backcourt???? ), the missed easy bunnies, or dunks at the end. Porter allowing his pocket to get picked 52 times the same way over and over. All just bad plays.

I also don't understand why we started intentionally fouling when we did in OT. After they missed the 3 and got the rebound, there was still an 8-9 second difference between the shot and game clock. We were only down 3. We then put them at the line to move it to 5 instead of taking our chances of getting a stop and getting the ball back with the chance to make a game tieing shot.

Some things to like. It was nice to see some shots go in, but for every good shot there were was a really bad shot. Ballard got to play and frankly looked like he was high. He was moving at 25% speed, was constantly out of position and didn't even make attempts to try to block drivers on multiple drives. If that's how he's been practicing, then it makes sense why he hasn't see the court.

Just not really sure what to think about this team. You can tell the talent is there but no one knows how to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Specifically who are you talking about? I want to see if your answers jibe with mine.
                          I imagine JR and JP

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

Is IB your long term answer? If not, real or imagined progress is irrelevant.
                            No . And in reply to your statement, I enjoy watching kids improve and play together as a team. And in my eyes they are improving.
                            I have lowered my standards for this team in the face of reality. I will cringe at the bad and speak out on the positives.

Back to the coach....he is improving but I don't see him as the answer to return WSU to a top 20 team. I'm not sure that in today's environment any coach will be able to do that. But we should try to find one that may be able to.

Comment

No . And in reply to your statement, I enjoy watching kids improve and play together as a team. And in my eyes they are improving.
                              I have lowered my standards for this team in the face of reality. I will cringe at the bad and speak out on the positives.

Back to the coach....he is improving but I don't see him as the answer to return WSU to a top 20 team. I'm not sure that in today's environment any coach will be able to do that. But we should try to find one that may be able to.
                              You have the right attitude. Realistic but also not letting the state of our affairs make your life miserable like some people on this board. Don’t change.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I imagine JR and JP
                                why?

Comment

Working...
                                X