No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB owns this because he is the Head Coach, but his players laid an egg when the game was on the line. There were some things he could’ve done different here and there but we were still in a position to win at the end of the game and guys all of sudden can’t make free throws. I can’t scream too loud at IB for that.

I do like Shammah Scott. Quite a fine young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Yes, we all know we are not that good. The fact that we almost beat Mizzou shows that they are not nearly as good as their record. You can’t win many games playing as sloppy as we did a big chunk of this game.
      Mizzou should be ecstatic. They went on the road in a “hostile” environment, opponent shot 54%, and they came away with the dub. I don’t think our shot selection was fantastic but they went in for the most part tonight. Occasionally that happens and the good teams are built to withstand it. That used to be us.

Comment

• Just one more FT during regulation. Just one.

Or, just one less TO in regulation. Just one.

No discipline.

Comment

• The player rotations kill us. We have some talent on this team but IB has the wrong guys playing and some playing the wrong positions. I have no idea why he loves Xavier Bell and hates Ricks and Abbide. I wish Eldridge would ask him about their development.

Comment

• Did not see or follow the game and have not checked the game thread. But a quick check tells me 20 turnovers vs 8 for Mizzou and poor free throw shooting might have been a key factors in losing a close one. 19 assists by the Shockcs was very good though and perhaps a sign of better days ahead. It appears that other than the turnovers and poor free throw shooting the Shocks must have played pretty well. I go back and read the thread and see how those observations stack up.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Did not see or follow the game and have not checked the game thread. But a quick check tells me 20 turnovers vs 8 for Mizzou and poor free throw shooting might have been a key factors in losing a close one. 19 assists by the Shockcs was very good though and perhaps a sign of better days ahead. It appears that other than the turnovers and poor free throw shooting the Shocks must have played pretty well. I go back and read the thread and see how those observations stack up.
              Nailed it

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                How can anyone be encourage with what they saw?!?!
                54 from the field
                41 from 3
                held MU below points and field goal percentage for the year
                19 assists!

are those not encouraging signs?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                  3 thoughts:
                  1. Losses are good for the long term health of the program, short term pain, long term gain. IB is not the answer to any of our questions for future success.
                  2. Porter is not good. This is the second game, against average competition that he has sucked hard. And most coaches would have literally killed him by now with his turnovers. Airball a floater? 5 to's, so many that they removed ball handling duties from him.
                  3. Mizzou will not finish above .500 on the season.

FYI. Porter was 28/24 assist to turnover going into tonight. 3 assist and 5 to's tonight. From your senior pg who is your leader? lol
                  Porter is exhausted. Scott has to play more minutes.

Comment

• 1. 5 TO's from JKW and also from our PG, Porter
                    2. Choked big time at the line, damn
                    3. Mr Close is hard to listen to
                    4. ESPN+ sucks big time
                    5. Do the officials get paid the same if they don't call anything?
                    6. Somebody said 9,500 attendees. I thought 8,000 tops
                    7. Scott played well
                    8. 20 TO's and below 500 at the line should never get you to OT. Lucky
                    9. Mizzou is a fun team, an entertaining team, but will they finish in the top half of the SEC? No
                    10. Need a third point guard

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

54 from the field
                      41 from 3
                      held MU below points and field goal percentage for the year
                      19 assists!

are those not encouraging signs?
                      Granted, they made some lower % shots they haven’t made today. But a lot of dumb shots selection still.

if you shoot 54% and hold the opponent below their averages, you need to win by 20+ at home; not collapse like a cheap tent.

Until this team can prove they are disciplined, I can never buy-in
                      The Assman

Comment

• Walton with his double-double, Scott, and Gus played well. Our shooting was better except throws which could have sealed the win, even with 20 turnovers. Don't make me call in and ask if we ever practice free throws. I'll hang up and listen. Finally we witnesseda Q. Ballard court sighting and he did finer than frog-hair.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• O/U 6.5K attendance, take the Under.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            This team is so hard to like. I will always root for any team in a Shocker jersey, but there are just some straight up unlikeable personalities on this squad.
                            Specifically who are you talking about? I want to see if your answers jibe with mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              1. 5 TO's from JKW and also from our PG, Porter
                              2. Choked big time at the line, damn
                              3. Mr Close is hard to listen to
                              4. ESPN+ sucks big time
                              5. Do the officials get paid the same if they don't call anything?
                              6. Somebody said 9,500 attendees. I thought 8,000 tops
                              7. Scott played well
                              8. 20 TO's and below 500 at the line should never get you to OT. Lucky
                              9. Mizzou is a fun team, an entertaining team, but will they finish in the top half of the SEC? No
                              10. Need a third point guard
                              A pretty balanced assessment … my first game of the year…. There were NOT 8000 there, which will be IB’s doom… against a power five school…
                              I’ve never thought Porter was ‘great’ but he was less great tonight
                              liked Scott a lot
                              liked Poor Bear a lot
                              gots to play big down the stretch… Shocks didn’t

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Granted, they made some lower % shots they haven’t made today. But a lot of dumb shots selection still.

if you shoot 54% and hold the opponent below their averages, you need to win by 20+ at home; not collapse like a cheap tent.

Until this team can prove they are disciplined, I can never buy-in
                                Not sure what you're talking about with bad shots. Most threes taken were wide open. I remember maybe two 3s I'd call to early in the shot clock. But did not think shot selection was an issue. At all.

Comment

Working...
                                X