No announcement yet.

Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Game Thread: vs Missouri (11/29/22)

Date and Time: Nov 29 (Tue) 7:00 P.M
    Mascot: Truman the Tiger
    TV & Radio: ESPN+ --- KEYN 103.7 FM
    Shockers: Win by 6+
    12.77%
    Shockers: Win by 1 to 5
    8.51%
    Toss-Up: Could Go Either Way
    21.28%
    Shockers: Lose by 1 to 5
    12.77%
    Shockers: Lose by 6+
    44.68%

The poll is expired.

The Tigers can score. Lowest point total this year so far is 82, with most games north of 90 points. Could be a track meet. Not sure that is in the Shockers favor.

Comment

I fear this will be fugly and unmercifully brutal to watch.

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by eeshocker View Post
        The Tigers can score. Lowest point total this year so far is 82, with most games north of 90 points. Could be a track meet. Not sure that is in the Shockers favor.
        JFC !! What's our high?

Comment

Originally posted by eeshocker View Post
          The Tigers can score. Lowest point totals this year so far is 82, with most games north of 90 points. Could be a track meet. Not sure that is in the Shockers favor.
          Sure, the 7 and 0 record is looking pretty good, but seriously who have they played and where have they played those games? Road games are tough. Plus, the Missouri Tigers are already looking ahead to playing Kansas at their place on the 10th. I bet (rhetorically again) that Vegas will be thinking the Shockers as favorite's when they post their spreads Monday night.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Sure, the 7 and 0 record is looking pretty good, but seriously who have they played and where have they played those games? Road games are tough. Plus, the Missouri Tigers are already looking ahead to playing Kansas at their place on the 10th. I bet (rhetorically again) that Vegas will be thinking the Shockers as favorite's when they post their spreads Monday night.
            Although I agree with the tenor of this post, we will not be favored.

MIZZOU is KenPom 36. We are 85.

85 is good for 6th in the American btw. FWIW, which isn’t much this early.

Comment

Missouri will not score 80 in koch against this defense. However, not sure we'll get to 60. Best case would be like a 64-62 shocker win

Comment

Mizzou SOS KP #362 out of 363.

They are similar in height to Tarleton, 85% of minutes go to players 6’6” and shorter.

Comment

Missouri has a dribble to pass, rather that dribble to score mentality. Averaging 23 assist per game.

Talk about a contrast in styles. This game should be interesting.

Comment

Considering that KP is our last option to go to offensively scoring 13 on six shots is a big game for him. He is being used primarily as a screener and passer who BTW always seems handy to bail out a team mate that has picked up his dribble and is in some trouble. Knock on wood but as much as he handles the ball he takes good care of it. Now, I am not a big Pierre fan yet but when open he has a very nice shot and is a pretty good slasher. Has talent but BBIQ and defense need improvement. Walton is steady and plays good D. I'll wait until game day to predict.

Comment

Come out and support our team. We have a SEC team playing us in our arena. Quit your whining and be part of Shocker Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                        Come out and support our team. We have a SEC team playing us in our arena. Quit your whining and be part of Shocker Nation!
                        I also posted this in the Tartleton thread...

I'm like a roller coaster when it comes to IB. I want to him succeed, but have my doubts he can take us to where we need and deserve to be. Regardless, we need to show up in full-force Tuesday evening. Obviously, tickets are plentiful. We 'moan and groan' about Power 6 programs not wanting to play 'home and home' series with us. Let's show the team we're behind them with a respectable showing Tuesday. Some of you, just hold your nose, get off your couch and get your butts to Koch Arena. In my opinion, the game-day experience is much improved. Rest assured, ADKS will adequately evaluate the program at the end of the season.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Personally I think Missouri has a guady record so far just because they have hardly played a team with a pulse. lol We will hope the shockers can show them the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post
                            I'll do both thank you very much.

Comment

It's true that Missouri has been NOBODY to this point. I just hope they don't list WSU as one of those nobodies after Tuesday night.

Comment

Working...
                              X