What has hiring HCIB cost WSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang.
    Last edited by KSUUWSU; November 24, 2022, 06:03 AM.
    When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

People forget…an “Angry” player floored a teammate just because. Coach confronted “Angry” man. If “Angry” player did this on public b-ball court…”Angry” player gets charged and any bystanders who intervened get hailed as hero.
      When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
        People forget…an “Angry” player floored a teammate just because. Coach confronted “Angry” man. If “Angry” player did this on public b-ball court…”Angry” player gets charged and any bystanders who intervened get hailed as hero.
        Sorry but that does not fit the racist narrative. You are hereby cancelled until you conform to the agenda of the times.

Comment

Glad to see we’re back on this subject. Good work everyone.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I can’t lie that I would love to see the success return that he was able to harbor. But public news of what he had done was effectively a death knell for him on the recruiting trail, and in the AAC, we know how important it is to get those recruits. He didn’t do amazing since arrival in the AAC. Not to mention the image damage that wichita state would have suffered if we did nothing about it lol

The second Marshall laid a hand on a player like that was the moment a snowball formed. One that the old AD rolled out of control, that now became IB coaching. Like it or not, none of this would have started had Marshall learned to control his temper.

so yeah, Marshall has his share of the blame.
            Keep up your snowflake line of BS.

Snowball smoball. Coach Marshall was feared mostly by opposing Coaches not by any players or any recruits that wanted to be good and win. How respected are we now?

Comment

No one on this board was a witness to anything that FHCGM was accused of. We will probably never know because of the non disclosures that were probably signed. As I have said before all GM had to do was say he had some anger management issues and would seek professional help. He wouldn't have had to even admit to anything. He chose to claim innocence all the way out the door. And I'm sure he has no problem cashing the checks from WSU. Neither Ron Baker nor FVV went to bat for GM and RB even went so far as to say GM didn't own his actions which he said was a cornerstone to GM's teachings. So sure I would love to still see him stalking the side lines but he chose his path and we are left where we are. I'm afraid IB is in an untenable position in trying to keep the ship afloat in following such a successful coach that had such a dynamic personality. I would liken his position to that of Bruce Webber who had detractors the whole time who also prayed that he would lose enough to get fired. And we all know how that played out in the end. I will trust our AD to closely watch and make the best decision for WSU athletics going forward.

Comment

Yeah, if Ron or Fred had come to his defense, they mighta saved his job. the fact that they did not, seems to speak volumes.

(but I thought we'd been over this)

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Yeah, if Ron or Fred had come to his defense, they mighta saved his job. the fact that they did not, seems to speak volumes.
                  Yep. Not just them, try anyone in the gym that day. Crickets from all of them. Every single one. Dozens chose to let him sink.

Comment

And yet they were still in negotiations to let him stay so they must not have considered him that much of a threat. I didn’t realize that the young men were the Ahletic Director by Commitee. They made 3GS legal position to stay impossible. No skill involved there.

Again, how’s that workin out for ya? For worse behavior over time the buzzards are 6-0 and ranked third.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      No one on this board was a witness to anything that FHCGM was accused of. We will probably never know because of the non disclosures that were probably signed. As I have said before all GM had to do was say he had some anger management issues and would seek professional help. He wouldn't have had to even admit to anything. He chose to claim innocence all the way out the door. And I'm sure he has no problem cashing the checks from WSU. Neither Ron Baker nor FVV went to bat for GM and RB even went so far as to say GM didn't own his actions which he said was a cornerstone to GM's teachings. So sure I would love to still see him stalking the side lines but he chose his path and we are left where we are. I'm afraid IB is in an untenable position in trying to keep the ship afloat in following such a successful coach that had such a dynamic personality. I would liken his position to that of Bruce Webber who had detractors the whole time who also prayed that he would lose enough to get fired. And we all know how that played out in the end. I will trust our AD to closely watch and make the best decision for WSU athletics going forward.
                      The change in Marshall’s cornerstone mentioned by RB indicates that something wild happened to Marshall that drastically caused him to change his approach to everyone in the program at some point after RB and FVV graduated.
                      The list of possibilities of what might of happened are endless

​​​​​​-Burn out
                      - Feeling isolated after most of his favorite assistants left
                      ​​​​​-Maybe he wanted to move onto a new job after WSU joined the AAC, but he was unable to get other schools to talk to him, which led him to feel stuck
                      -Not handling the process well
                      ​​​​​-Conflicts with the administration

We’ll obviously never know what happened. But it is an interesting subject considering RB was basically like “Whoa, who is this guy”

Comment

nm
                        Last edited by ventichai; December 20, 2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Should be titled "What has hiring FADDB cost WSU?"

Comment

Enough shown.

Comment

Working...
                            X