No announcement yet.

What has hiring HCIB cost WSU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have to start with how many season tickets have been dropped since he was hired. I'm guessing quite a few. Those go along with SASO donations too. Then you have to figure WSU isn't going dancing under HCIB, so there are lost credits there. Then I'm also guessing advertising has dropped with smaller crowds and poor performance. And his obviously way overpaid salary. That's a good place to start.

Comment

King’s ransom…
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

The guy who hired HCIB and the manner in which it was done deserves much more blame than HCIB himself.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            The guy who hired HCIB and the manner in which it was done deserves much more blame than HCIB himself.
            +1

Comment

If IB is a big enough man to deposit the money in his bank account, he is a big enough man to shoulder the blame, and that’s on him.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                This is such a BS line of garbage. Is Isaac capable of thinking and making decisions? Does he have an IQ above 2? What you are insinuating is that IB does not possess the mental faculties to do this job or read a contract and that is the fault of the white guy that hired him.

Unbelievable.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

This is such a BS line of garbage. Is Isaac capable of thinking and making decisions? Does he have an IQ above 2? What you are insinuating is that IB does not possess the mental faculties to do this job or read a contract and that is the fault of the white guy that hired him.

Unbelievable.
                  High IQ does not equal a good assistant coach being able to successfully be a head coach. His IQ is well above 2 because he could read the contract and wasted zero time signing it. I do question the IQ of the guy that offered that contract and his ability to have done his job.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    If IB is a big enough man to deposit the money in his bank account, he is a big enough man to shoulder the blame, and that’s on him.
                    IB gets 100% of the blame of the on the court performance. That's on him. Now some are correlating every lost dollar from the WSU program to him and the on court performance. That's not 100% his fault. Tons of other reasons (both internal and external to WSU) for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

IB gets 100% of the blame of the on the court performance. That's on him. Now some are correlating every lost dollar from the WSU program to him and the on court performance. That's not 100% his fault. Tons of other reasons (both internal and external to WSU) for that.
                      I’m going to add what I haven’t heard anybody actually say yet. There’s a fair portion of all this cost and damage done to wichita state that rests squarely on Gregg Marshall’s shoulders too.

This isn’t all IB’s fault. He got a promotion that he wasn’t really qualified for and is just making the most out of it that he can. I know plenty of people doing it in career jobs.

All around, it’s a **** scenario that we have to trust the new AD to guide us out of. Other words our days of glory are well and truly in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m going to add what I haven’t heard anybody actually say yet. There’s a fair portion of all this cost and damage done to wichita state that rests squarely on Gregg Marshall’s shoulders too.

This isn’t all IB’s fault. He got a promotion that he wasn’t really qualified for and is just making the most out of it that he can. I know plenty of people doing it in career jobs.

All around, it’s a **** scenario that we have to trust the new AD to guide us out of. Other words our days of glory are well and truly in the past.
                        You haven’t heard it said because it’s bullshit. Gregg didn’t fire himself and he shouldn’t have been let go. I’m hearing that all over town and state. Some people don’t even remember why he is gone. Coaching College basketball successfully is really hard and only a few people can do it. It is rare. That’s why you don’t do foolish things like fire the most successful one in school history. Despite what you hear on this forum Shocker fans would love to watch him stalking the sidelines again and would be confident we would be competing better with the same players.

Comment

PS Ricky has 14 and counting.

Comment

Ricky 18

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

You haven’t heard it said because it’s bullshit. Gregg didn’t fire himself and he shouldn’t have been let go. I’m hearing that all over town and state. Some people don’t even remember why he is gone. Coaching College basketball successfully is really hard and only a few people can do it. It is rare. That’s why you don’t do foolish things like fire the most successful one in school history. Despite what you hear on this forum Shocker fans would love to watch him stalking the sidelines again and would be confident we would be competing better with the same players.
                              I can’t lie that I would love to see the success return that he was able to harbor. But public news of what he had done was effectively a death knell for him on the recruiting trail, and in the AAC, we know how important it is to get those recruits. He didn’t do amazing since arrival in the AAC. Not to mention the image damage that wichita state would have suffered if we did nothing about it lol

The second Marshall laid a hand on a player like that was the moment a snowball formed. One that the old AD rolled out of control, that now became IB coaching. Like it or not, none of this would have started had Marshall learned to control his temper.

so yeah, Marshall has his share of the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I can’t lie that I would love to see the success return that he was able to harbor. But public news of what he had done was effectively a death knell for him on the recruiting trail, and in the AAC, we know how important it is to get those recruits. He didn’t do amazing since arrival in the AAC. Not to mention the image damage that wichita state would have suffered if we did nothing about it lol

The second Marshall laid a hand on a player like that was the moment a snowball formed. One that the old AD rolled out of control, that now became IB coaching. Like it or not, none of this would have started had Marshall learned to control his temper.

so yeah, Marshall has his share of the blame.
                                Did Coach Marshall get arrested, face trial and found guilty off striking a player? No! Innocent until proven guilty. BTW, if you see a grown man tackle a person because they were just upset in the Walmart parking lot…what would you do?
                                Last edited by KSUUWSU; November 24, 2022, 06:12 AM.
                                When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Working...
                                X