Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    PS Ricky has 14 and counting.

Leave a comment:

• Ashockalypse
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’m going to add what I haven’t heard anybody actually say yet. There’s a fair portion of all this cost and damage done to wichita state that rests squarely on Gregg Marshall’s shoulders too.

This isn’t all IB’s fault. He got a promotion that he wasn’t really qualified for and is just making the most out of it that he can. I know plenty of people doing it in career jobs.

All around, it’s a **** scenario that we have to trust the new AD to guide us out of. Other words our days of glory are well and truly in the past.
    You haven’t heard it said because it’s bullshit. Gregg didn’t fire himself and he shouldn’t have been let go. I’m hearing that all over town and state. Some people don’t even remember why he is gone. Coaching College basketball successfully is really hard and only a few people can do it. It is rare. That’s why you don’t do foolish things like fire the most successful one in school history. Despite what you hear on this forum Shocker fans would love to watch him stalking the sidelines again and would be confident we would be competing better with the same players.

Leave a comment:

• ShockHat
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

IB gets 100% of the blame of the on the court performance. That's on him. Now some are correlating every lost dollar from the WSU program to him and the on court performance. That's not 100% his fault. Tons of other reasons (both internal and external to WSU) for that.
    I’m going to add what I haven’t heard anybody actually say yet. There’s a fair portion of all this cost and damage done to wichita state that rests squarely on Gregg Marshall’s shoulders too.

This isn’t all IB’s fault. He got a promotion that he wasn’t really qualified for and is just making the most out of it that he can. I know plenty of people doing it in career jobs.

All around, it’s a **** scenario that we have to trust the new AD to guide us out of. Other words our days of glory are well and truly in the past.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    If IB is a big enough man to deposit the money in his bank account, he is a big enough man to shoulder the blame, and that’s on him.
    IB gets 100% of the blame of the on the court performance. That's on him. Now some are correlating every lost dollar from the WSU program to him and the on court performance. That's not 100% his fault. Tons of other reasons (both internal and external to WSU) for that.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

This is such a BS line of garbage. Is Isaac capable of thinking and making decisions? Does he have an IQ above 2? What you are insinuating is that IB does not possess the mental faculties to do this job or read a contract and that is the fault of the white guy that hired him.

Unbelievable.
    High IQ does not equal a good assistant coach being able to successfully be a head coach. His IQ is well above 2 because he could read the contract and wasted zero time signing it. I do question the IQ of the guy that offered that contract and his ability to have done his job.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The guy who hired HCIB and the manner in which it was done deserves much more blame than HCIB himself.
    This is such a BS line of garbage. Is Isaac capable of thinking and making decisions? Does he have an IQ above 2? What you are insinuating is that IB does not possess the mental faculties to do this job or read a contract and that is the fault of the white guy that hired him.

Unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    If IB is a big enough man to deposit the money in his bank account, he is a big enough man to shoulder the blame, and that’s on him.

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    The guy who hired HCIB and the manner in which it was done deserves much more blame than HCIB himself.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    King’s ransom…

Leave a comment:

• rrshock
    replied
    It would have to start with how many season tickets have been dropped since he was hired. I'm guessing quite a few. Those go along with SASO donations too. Then you have to figure WSU isn't going dancing under HCIB, so there are lost credits there. Then I'm also guessing advertising has dropped with smaller crowds and poor performance. And his obviously way overpaid salary. That's a good place to start.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

While I agree, I think this is an interesting economic discussion.

Would love to see a break down of how much an actual estimate would be.

I’m guessing it starts at eight figures.
    Would be damn near impossible to pinpoint exactly how much is attributed to HCIB directly.

Firing Marshall costs us some no matter who was hired

COVID costs us a bunch and some will never come back

Economy right now is also costing us some ..

The performance of HCIB coached teams cost us some ..

Any one that puts a number of how much is attributed to the hiring of HCIB alone is just flat out guessing.
    Last edited by Stickboy46; November 22, 2022, 10:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KSUUWSU
    replied
    Yes, what is the economic fall out of HCIB? That’s all I’m asking.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X