Looks like we better get used to the American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we better get used to the American

If the University of Kansas ever decides it wants to change athletic conferences, it will have to win some state approvals that aren’t required today. Members of the Kansas Board of Regents on Wednesday unanimously approved a policy that will require any Regents university — KU, K-State, Wichita State, Fort Hays State, Pittsburg State and […]

The way this looks it is to keep ku or ksu from entering into secret negotiations with another conference similar to what usc and ucla did in California. I thought it was comical that they mentioned ku specifically that ku was earlier looking to protect its sports programs. As discussed ad nauseum in other topics the AAC still looks like the best conference for us with or without football.

Comment

Imagine that, Regents want more power. Who would have thunk?

Comment

Where else were we gonna go?

Comment

This sounds like a bigger deal for KU and KState than WSU, possibly shackling the two of them together for the foreseeable future. Not sure why the Regents would block a move by anyone else that would better the university. Without a football team, WSU isn't going anywhere that KU would care about.

Comment

Originally posted by giskard View Post
            This sounds like a bigger deal for KU and KState than WSU, possibly shackling the two of them together for the foreseeable future. Not sure why the Regents would block a move by anyone else that would better the university. Without a football team, WSU isn't going anywhere that KU would care about.
            So wrong. If we ever threaten again so that we might be attractive to the Big East you can bet KU people would influence the Regents to block it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Where else were we gonna go?
              I heard there was a black helicopter on campus and a guy in a Sun Belt polo got out with a Manila envelope
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I heard there was a black helicopter on campus and a guy in a Sun Belt polo got out with a Manila envelope
                This will never get old.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Why would they want WSU over UNI, ISUr, and/or SWMO?!?!!?!
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

So wrong. If we ever threaten again so that we might be attractive to the Big East you can bet KU people would influence the Regents to block it.
                    KSU people would be right there with them.

Comment

Working...
                    X