Today in Shockers Sports History: November 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today in Shockers Sports History: November 9th

The Shockers are undefeated on November 9th, going 4 - 0.

2021 - WSU 60, Jacksonville St. 57 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena). Tied at 57, WSU’s Tyson Etienne runs down the clock then swishes the game-winner from the edge of the center court logo (31’9.5”) w/ 2.2 seconds left.

2019 - WSU 69 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena) Texas Southern 63, In addition, WSU's longest "Roundhouse" winning streak would begin on this date 11/9/2013 and go all the way to 2/13/2016 for a total of 40 straight wins. Including games at INTRUST Arena, our "Home" winning streak would climb to 43.

2018 - WSU 83 at Providence 80 at the Veterans Classic (Annapolis, Md.) Markis McDuffie had 32 points and made 6 3-pointers.

2013 - WSU 93 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena) Emporia 50

Exhibition
    1991 - WSU Wichita State 79 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena) Ukraine 78

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    The Shockers are undefeated on November 9th, going 4 - 0.

2021 - WSU 60, Jacksonville St. 57 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena). Tied at 57, WSU’s Tyson Etienne runs down the clock then swishes the game-winner from the edge of the center court logo (31’9.5”) w/ 2.2 seconds left.

2019 - WSU 69 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena) Texas Southern 63, In addition, WSU's longest "Roundhouse" winning streak would begin on this date 11/9/2013 and go all the way to 2/13/2016 for a total of 40 straight wins. Including games at INTRUST Arena, our "Home" winning streak would climb to 43.

2018 - WSU 83 at Providence 80 at the Veterans Classic (Annapolis, Md.) Markis McDuffie had 32 points and made 6 3-pointers.

2013 - WSU 93 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena) Emporia 50

Exhibition
    1991 - WSU Wichita State 79 (Wichita / Charles Koch Arena) Ukraine 78

How many cigarettes were torched at that 1991 contest?

Comment

Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

How many cigarettes were torched at that 1991 contest?

Look how packed the Roundhouse was for a preseason exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Look how packed the Roundhouse was for a preseason exhibition game.
        The biggest exhibition crowd I remember was when AC and company took on the Russian national team.
        What happened to all those foreign teams touring the us for multiple exhibition games? Are they still doing that?

Comment

Claudius was ripped!

Comment

Pretty sure I know that WuShock. And to this day I thank the cheer director for making sure that blonde was directly in front of me for each and every home game. Bless you, whoever you are.

Comment

Bring back all that yellow paint on the arena
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Pretty sure I know that WuShock. And to this day I thank the cheer director for making sure that blonde was directly in front of me for each and every home game. Bless you, whoever you are.
                Suddenly, I know what ADKS needs to do to drive up attendance.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                X