Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've always liked this boards' administration.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always liked this boards' administration.....

...and I still do...good thinking, level headed folks...so I ask this in peace:

Do we NEED a recruiting board? Would it not be just as easy to talk BASKETBALL recruits on the basketball page, and BASEBALL recruits on the baseball board and so on?

Just my thought..not meaning to stir the pot...right here, anyway.

The only negative, if it is a negative, is that by combining the two separate boards, items would be dropped much more quickly off the 1st page and delegated to the 2nd and 3rd pages.

And just from a preference standpoint, I personally like going to the Recruiting Page and being able to view all that is going on in just that particular area. Otherwise, recruiting items would be haphazardly interspersed throughout the regular topics.

Comment

I prefer the recruiting board being separate. It is where most of my interest is and if I'm short of time, that is what I'll read. If I have extra time I'll go ahead and look at the Men's Basketball board and pretty much skim through.

Comment

Fair enough...I've never seen it through those eyes, so that makes some sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by 150946shox View Post
          I prefer the recruiting board being separate. It is where most of my interest is and if I'm short of time, that is what I'll read. If I have extra time I'll go ahead and look at the Men's Basketball board and pretty much skim through.
          And I am quite the opposite. I find all the recruiting stuff too tedious for my taste. I really just care about the signees already committed. Two boards is good so the folks can focus on their favorite stuff.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
            And I am quite the opposite. I find all the recruiting stuff too tedious for my taste. I really just care about the signees already committed. Two boards is good so the folks can focus on their favorite stuff.

--'85.
            I generally click them as read, even when I haven't read them, because the information overwhelms me. But I do follow some specific ones (FREEDDDDIIIEE VANNN VLEEEET!!! -- sorry distracted) so having them separate is perfect from my stand point.

Just my $0.02 though. And heck I'll offer up a $0.02 coupon good for this post only.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Do we NEED a recruiting board?
              Would it not be just as easy to talk BASKETBALL recruits on the basketball page, and BASEBALL recruits on the baseball board and so on?
              1. Yes
              2. No -- evidence being the baseball board, where recruiting topics do get lost because there's no separate place for them, as "Recruiting "turns out to be all basketball.

Comment

The recruiting forum is essentially a men's basketball recruiting forum and personally I think there is way to much information there to combine into the Men's basketball forum. As a practical matter any discussion in other sports is generally discussed on those forums. (i.e. baseball recruits on the baseball forum, women's basketball recruits on the women's sports forum, volleyball on the volleyball forum, etc.). These other sports recruiting info would get swallowed up in no time on the recruiting forum. And that seems to be a pretty consistent approach.

Perhaps we should rename the Recruiting Forum the Men's Basketball Recruiting Forum. Otherwise I see no good reason to change the way things are currently be handled relative to recruiting.

Comment

Way back when, when Royal was in charge, I believe recruiting threads were in the basketball forum. This was back in the EZ board days. It got pretty cluttered and was broken up. I believe at one time baseball was in there as well, but baseball recruits seemed to get lost in the mix and went back to the baseball board where I guess it's not as bad. I don't follow baseball recruiting like I do basketball.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would like to see separate recruiting board for baseball and basketball and other sports.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                      I would like to see separate recruiting board for baseball and basketball and other sports.
                      I agree with this as well. I barely check the baseball boards nowadays, but I think it'd be beneficial.

I'd also like to purpose the politics section becomes politics/religion.

Comment

Working...
                      X