Shocks Back in Bounce Back Mode Once Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Back in Bounce Back Mode Once Again

Once again our beloved Shockers face the prospect of bouncing back from a poor performance. A trend that is becoming much too common and repetitive, but is one we are probably going to have to live with this year, particularly now that Matt's playing future is in serious doubt.

Perhaps that will be this team's identity. A number of excrutiatingly poor performances followed by a bounce back.

Play poorly, lose to Monmouth bounce back with wins over UIC, Wyoming, App State and UMBC (perhaps our best stretch of the year).

Then play poorly again in losses to TX-Arlington and UMKC, but bounce back once again by playing very well against LSU and UAB.

Only to followed agains by poor performances against Drake, Illinois State and the Bradley 1st half. Bounce back again with an outstanding second half at Bradley.

Followed by another very poor performance last night vs MSU.

Is the trampoline still in working order or has it broken down? I guess we will see, but the Shocks really have their work cut out for them with Creighton at home Saturday followed by a road swing to Illinois State and Southern Illinois. I assume the Shocks will be decided underdogs in all 3 of these games.

It would be tough enough to make a bounce back with these games on the horizon even if Matt was available.

I guess I just hope we show positive progress and are competititve in these games and maybe even steal a win or two. Is that too much to hope for?

I hope we finish at .500, and I think that should be our goal (shudder).

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
      I would take that at this point, especially if Matt is unable to come back.

Hopefully, we eliminate, or at least greatly limit, blowout losses like the one to MSU last night.

Comment

1 over 500 :posterwu: 8) 8)
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This season's going to be a hell of roller coaster ride.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
            I would take that at this point, especially if Matt is unable to come back.

Hopefully, we eliminate, or at least greatly limit, blowout losses like the one to MSU last night.
            If MB is unable to come back, maybe he could pick up a position with student services as GM private point guard tutor.
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I want to make a point about Matt. Thinking about the helmut thing, to me, what he should have would be similiar to a wrestler's cap.

The other thing is, even with a helmut, he would not be that protected, because concussions are the 'grownup' version of shaken baby syndrome,
              and even with a helmut, if his head hit the floor again, especially with 4 previous concussions, it could impair him for life. So, don't think a helmut
              will 'fix things', because it won't.

Comment

If Matt plays with a helmet, my understanding is that there aren't a lot of rules concerning helmets. Maybe we should fit him with one of those old Hun helmets with the spikes on top...
                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                Students > Alumni
                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

The fact that they are considering the NEED for Matt to wear a protective headgear pretty much provides me with the answer to whether or not Matt should return. If he was my son, I would say you gave playing every ounce of energy and effort you could muster and you were a tremendous leader by example. You have nothing left to prove as a player. Time to move on to the next phase of your life.

:cry: :yes: :)

Comment

Working...
                  X