Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Cooper hired by Miami-Ohio

Jeff ******* ‏ @GoodmanCBS
    Miami-Ohio has hired Tennessee State coach John Cooper.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Congrats!! Movin on up!! Great day to be a Shocker!!

Comment

Congrats to John!!

Comment

On to another re-building job and he's left a very full cupboard for whoever takes over at TN St.

Comment

Couldn't happen to a better guy. Congrats John!

Comment

One of WSU's best! Congrats to John
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

http://www.miamihawktalk.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=55666&postdays=0&postorder=asc&sta rt=1100

T
              heir not to thrilled by their hire. Coop got 5yrs $250,000 per year. Coop is a gem and I expect they will soon learn that.
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Great hire. John Cooper will win them over in no time!

Comment

Nice for Coop and this was a smart hire by Miami-Ohio.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Miami-Ohio got the steal of the offseason with this hire.

Coop was a finalist for THREE coach of the year awards (one national, one for "mid-majors", and one for minorities) and frankly deserved to be offered a higher level job than this. We would probably be talking about him taking an Auburn/Georgia/Mississippi type job if he had chosen to stick around Nashville to reap next year's dividends.

Redhawks fans will come around.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      Miami-Ohio got the steal of the offseason with this hire.

Coop was a finalist for THREE coach of the year awards (one national, one for "mid-majors", and one for minorities) and frankly deserved to be offered a higher level job than this. We would probably be talking about him taking an Auburn/Georgia/Mississippi type job if he had chosen to stick around Nashville to reap next year's dividends.

Redhawks fans will come around.
                      No doubt @GoShockers89:. Had he stayed at TN St one more year, he'd of passed right over that level of job. If fact, I'm surprised he didn't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        No doubt @GoShockers89. Had he stayed at TN St one more year, he'd of passed right over that level of job. If fact, I'm surprised he didn't do that.
                        We already have a great Head Coach!

Comment

But talk about leaving the cupboard full. Thats a loaded squad at Tennessee St that can make some noise next year.

Comment

Congrats, John. Miami-Ohio fans you just made a great hire.

Comment

Who does Miami-Ohio think they are. They aren't exactly the job of all basketball jobs, and they are lucky to have gotten Coach Cooper. They will turn the corner once he starts winning there.

Comment

Working...
                              X