Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Madness - October 27th

Go Shockers - Mark Your Calendars for Shocker Madness: Oct. 27

Wichita State has added a few more tricks – and treats – to its annual Shocker Madness event.

Thursday, Oct. 27, fans are invited to a free evening of fun at Charles Koch Arena and a sneak preview of the WSU men's and women's basketball teams.

Doors open at 5:30 p.m. with trick-or-treating and player autographs on the main concourse.

On-court festivities, including slam dunk and three-point contests, get underway at 6:30 p.m., followed by men's and women's intrasquad scrimmages.
    Still struggling to get too excited.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

My excitement for Shocker Madness waned several years ago. I just didn't feel like driving in from Hutch to watch bad basketball (due to it usually being the first day or couple weeks of allowed practice) and a dunk contest. Now that it's closer to the start of games, maybe it will be worth going.

Comment

The production value has also been very poor. They keep it simple and cheap, which I guess is fine and the one time they tried to go all out it was poorly planned and things dragged on and on and on.

Also, being mid-week doesn't help a lot of people.

But my excitement struggles were more geared towards the season as a whole rather than just Shocker Madness. Though I used to love going to Madness and enjoyed seeing progressions and getting first looks at new guys.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

It would make more sense if it was an exhibition team against a local D2 squad.

Comment

Will Gregg "The Hit Man" Williams emcee the event?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            From the bathroom?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

But he didn't grope you.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  But he didn't grope you.
                  I’m not up to date on this issue. I know Greg the Hitman was accused of sexual harassment or something, but was he fired, arrested, and/or put in jail for this? He sounded guilty when it started, but I didn’t hear anything later. What’s happening now?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I’m not up to date on this issue. I know Greg the Hitman was accused of sexual harassment or something, but was he fired, arrested, and/or put in jail for this? He sounded guilty when it started, but I didn’t hear anything later. What’s happening now?
                    There are years of stories about his behavior. I know a girl that he once tried to grab and kiss in front of his wife. She knows others who've been touched and propositioned by him.

Essentially, he's a shitty individual whose gotten away with a lot of it because of his status as a local celebrity and the fact that a lot of women don't come forward with these things because they're hard to prove in court and they often times end up getting their own names dragged thru the mud.
                    Last edited by SubGod22; September 19, 2022, 08:26 AM.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

There are years of stories about his behavior. I know a girl that he once tried to grab and kiss in front of his wife. She knows others who've been touched and propositioned by him.

Essentially, he's a shitty individual whose gotten away with a lot of it because of his status as a local celebrity and the fact that a lot of women don't come forward with these things be abuse they're hard to prove in court and they often times end up getting their own names dragged thru the mud.
                      Women or men apparently.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I would honestly just like to see some basketball. Anyone in the know on schedule?

If its anything like going to the movie theaters....(ad, ad, ad, ad, so your 8 o'clock movie starts at 8:30)

6:30 Hype vid
                            6:40 women's players intro
                            6:50 men's players intro
                            7:00 3 point contest (men and women separate or combined?)
                            7:30 dunk contest
                            7:50 women's scrimmage
                            8:15 men's scrimmage ?????????

I really only want to watch the men's scrimmage. I can't be alone in this preference. Does this schedule look about right? Looking for clarity here.

Or can someone post a message to this thread when the dunk contest gets started? That would give me 15-20 minutes to head over to Koch.

Comment

I'm just planning on waiting to read the thoughts of those that attended and whatever video Taylor puts on Twitter.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X