Oh Soren...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Soren...

FYI, Soren Petro (810AM in KC) figured that Wichita State would be the only other mid-major program Danny Manning could go to because "it's down the road and most Shocker fans are Kansas fans." Having gone to both schools, I actually am but I thought most on here would get a kick out of this. I chuckled when he said it.

Some Shocker fans are also Kansas fans. Not sure I'd say most. I know very few Shocker fans that are Kansas fans. I know more Kansas fans that also like the Shockers though.

Manning would not have gone over well here.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Some Shocker fans are also Kansas fans. Not sure I'd say most. I know very few Shocker fans that are Kansas fans. I know more Kansas fans that also like the Shockers though.

Manning would not have gone over well here.
      At least until he pulled in a few 5-Star's... then we might be willing to give him a chance. ;)
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Seems like the most passionate WSU fans are also fans of whoever KU is playing that night.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Manning would be accepted, but he's not what the Shockers would need in a new coach. We need another HCGM or better; not a young guy trying to prove himself...
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by boneshock View Post
            FYI, Soren Petro (810AM in KC) figured that Wichita State would be the only other mid-major program Danny Manning could go to because "it's down the road and most Shocker fans are Kansas fans." Having gone to both schools, I actually am but I thought most on here would get a kick out of this. I chuckled when he said it.
            I'd like to give him a kick out of this. Right in the grapes.

Comment

i heard that also, I also heard Nick Wright say Britney Griner was better than almost all Mo Valley players. These guys are grade a idiots.
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                i heard that also, I also heard Nick Wright say Britney Griner was better than almost all Mo Valley players. These guys are grade a idiots.
                And they're smarter than KK. What's that say about KC Sports Talk?
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                  Soren Petro is very good on most everything, except his perception of Wichita State, obviously. Nick Wright is a moron.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Say what you want about KC Sports Talk. Your opinions are not outrageous, but the simple reality is that KC Sport talk hosts are not going to waste their time learning too much or talking too much about WSU or any other school outside of KU, KSU, Mizzou and B12 and now SEC schools.

With two radio stations in town, they know that if they spent ANY significant time talking about anything else, their listeners would simply hit the button and switch from 810 to 610 or vice versa. Keitzman was honest enough to say that just a couple of weeks ago when a WSU fan called in and asked about more coverage. He was honest about it and respectful to the caller. 810 also has Jason King of ESPN, Gottlieb, and Mitch Holthus on, on a regular basis, and they never hesitate to talk about and praise WSU when ever the opportunity presents itself.

I will also say that while they are largely ignorant, they have not been disrespectful of WSU in recent years. Keitzman has often supported the concept of KSU and KU playing WSU. He recognizes that any fan of college basketball should see that as a good thing.

I have also heard them many times openly state that KU will not play WSU because they are afraid they might lose... no debate... no qualification....

Comment

I agree with that joco. I don't expect them to cover WSU, nor do I expect them to know much about them. I don't listen to 610 really but the 810 guys are always complimentary when the Shox are brought up. I laughed when Soren said it though and just thought some of the regulars on here would find it amusing. I wasn't offended by it at all.

Comment

I find interesting Soren would have made that comment at all given the fact that he interviewed Doug McDermott (a first team All-American) during the final four. Podcast is in the 810 podcast vault..

http://810whb.com/audiovault

W
                        hen asked who the toughest defender he had to face (this year) - "Carl Hall - Wichita State - tremendous defender"

Comment

Working...
                        X