Buying out IB’s contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying out IB’s contract

I figure what’s the point of 3 more years of frustration and pain when we tune into a WSU basketball game? I think this whole matter is worthy of discussing in public forum. I encourage all of you to post your ideas of where we could find the money to buy out IB since it’s apparent he has no idea how to coach a D-1 basketball game. Post your ideas of where the money is, let the university read them!

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    I figure what’s the point of 3 more years of frustration and pain when we tune into a WSU basketball game? I think this whole matter is worthy of discussing in public forum. I encourage all of you to post your ideas of where we could find the money to buy out IB since it’s apparent he has no idea how to coach a D-1 basketball game. Post your ideas of where the money is, let the university read them!
    I’ll start the GoFundMe
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I’ll start the GoFundMe
      C’mon, man. What could you possibly know about persuading WSU to move on from unsuccessful athletics staffers?

(Tongue firmly planted in cheek…)

78-65

Comment

Just lay off the alcohol for a bit and you can fund it personally!!

Comment

We really need a thread devoted to a rolling balance sheet of the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            We really need a thread devoted to a rolling balance sheet of the athletic department.
            Paging Ted Lasso’s Neighbor and Mr Ruiz
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              Seems like that's something our new AD would be willing to provide. Probably could tweet him that we would like that to be easily available

Comment

At this point I'm definitely not an IBeliever but this season needs to play out. I pray we don't find ourselves in mediocrity quagmire.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                  At this point I'm definitely not an IBeliever but this season needs to play out. I pray we don't find ourselves in mediocrity quagmire.
                  You'd be better off praying for above average point guard play, which, fortunately for you, could be an answered prayer. It wouldn't be asking for too much.

Whatever the case, it's the players on the floor that will have to demonstrate that they can run an efficient fast break, like they could in IB's first year, but for some reason couldn't his second year. Getting the ball in bounds efficiently kind of follows that same formula as well. Can one of our Shockernet research fellows post team stats from year one vs. year two since individual stats don't matter except on losing teams. Remember when Perez and Evans both averaged 20+ points (or close to it)? How'd that work out?

Comment

The guard play should be much better without TE at the point. I have had several friends note that WSU played better offense when TE was NOT on the floor. I loved TE two years ago but last years version was not a thing of beauty. I would agree with BostonWu and let the season play out. If at the end of the season our new AD doesn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about the direction then it will be his call to make any changes and if he is as proactive as he seems to be then we won't have to worry where the money will come from because he will already know where it will come from. But if people are bored and have nothing better to do then by all means tell us where you think the money iwill come from..

Comment

I think pogo is right *on point*. That sounds like the reason most of us wanted the new AD.

Comment

The coaches over the last two years have had to deal with more change than any coaches in college basketball history. Add to that, coach Brown found out he was the coach just before the season started.

As a coach, Brown, and WSU finished:

Year 1-Predicted finish-7
                        Actual finish-1
                        +6

Year 2-Predicted finish-4
                        Actual finish-7

Right now, coach Brown and WSU are +3 in how they finished vs what the experts not on this message board predicted they would do.

Coach Brown and staff had to deal with losing their head coach, Covid-19, the free transfer rule, and NIL.
                        That was a lot to deal with in two years.

I am going to be fair in evaluating coach Brown.

Right now he has performed better than expected.

I would not support firing coach Brown this coming year unless WSU finished in last place.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                          The coaches over the last two years have had to deal with more change than any coaches in college basketball history. Add to that, coach Brown found out he was the coach just before the season started.

Actual finish-1
                          +6

Actual finish-7

Right now, coach Brown and WSU are +3 in how they finished vs what the experts not on this message board predicted they would do.

Coach Brown and staff had to deal with losing their head coach, Covid-19, the free transfer rule, and NIL.

I would not support firing coach Brown this coming year unless WSU finished in last place.

Last place this coming year? Pretty low expectations. I think coach Brown would be safe forever under your criteria.
                          I think anything under 500 would deserve an immediate firing. If he goes less than 500 recruiting will go down the toilet. You can't have 3 consecutive years of decline.

Comment

Actual finish-1
                            +6

Actual finish-7

Lmfao
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Every other team had to deal with those last three, which is why this rationale is suspect.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                              X