Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SubGod22
    replied
    Can I nominate the men's basketball program at Wichita State for the Cone of Shame?

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    The score:

Florida - 2
    aTm - 2

Bottom of the ninth, 2 outs, aTm with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Florida's pitcher balks

A balk-off and a series winner at the same time?! Texas A&M used a magical finish win the series win over No. 4 ranked Florida on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    He'll probably get a job at Houston.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker_Power
    replied
    The head baseball coach at Atlantic Cape Community College in New Jersey has resigned after two of his players were caught with illegal communications devices inside their batting helmets.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    We have found a witch!

A witch! A witch!

Burn her! Burn her!

We have found a witch, may we burn her?

How do you know she's a witch?

She throws like one!

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    We have found a witch!

A witch! A witch!

Burn her! Burn her!

She throws like one!
    Dark Shadows...

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    We have found a witch!

A witch! A witch!

Burn her! Burn her!

She throws like one!

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    She isn't even throwing toward 3rd. She's throwing at the dugout.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    That's what I noticed. Neither of those throws would have ended up anywhere in the vicinity of 3rd base had the batter not been there. They were absolutely intentional. My guess is the catcher was trying to get the batter out by claiming interference since in both instances she was leaving the batters box. I honestly don't know if that's how the rule is worded or not. And notice in the article that other teams have reported the same types of incidents from that catcher. Just like the sucker-punch basketball girl, that catcher should never be allowed to play for that school or league again, assuming she's not a senior. This crap needs to be dealt with seriously. Not with a shrug and "it's just a kid who made a mistake".

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

You're right. There was a runner on 2nd. A runner going nowhere. A 3rd baseman not even concerned about covering.

I'd like to see other video that would show a reason to actually be throwing. The one in the link provided didn't show it. Runner on 2nd got a normal lead.
    Oh, I agree. Looked intentional as hell. But with the runner on second it gives the perpetrator the excuse of saying I thought the runner was going to try to steal 3rd.

If the batter had not been there that throw would have been at least 10 feet to the left of the drawn in 3rd baseman and probably 15 feet to the foul side of 3rd base.

The other thing the struck me was the lack of a reaction of any kind from the catcher other than to casually trot over to pick up the ball and throw it back to the pitcher. Seemed rather nonplussed by the whole thing.

If I was a member of jury I would vote guilty. While proving intent is very tough to do I think the video speaks for itself.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 11, 2023, 03:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The one that I watched in the attached link had a runner on 2nd.
    You're right. There was a runner on 2nd. A runner going nowhere. A 3rd baseman not even concerned about covering.

I'd like to see other video that would show a reason to actually be throwing. The one in the link provided didn't show it. Runner on 2nd got a normal lead.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

The only plausible excuse: she thought it was a strikeout and was sending it around the horn. But that is iffy, as the umpire never made that call.

Watched again. 2 incidents, the second had a runner on third.
    The one that I watched in the attached link had a runner on 2nd.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
    Any other young idiot.
    So, in another thread (don't remember which), someone posted a video of a coach attacking an opposing player during the handshake line. I'm certain it was this same game. The coach pushed an opposing player (looked like this catcher).

Leave a comment:

• Atxshoxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    What the hell? Reading the little tidbit I figured it had to do with a runner stealing, but it appeared that there was nobody on base and the catcher had zero reason to throw towards third.
    The only plausible excuse: she thought it was a strikeout and was sending it around the horn. But that is iffy, as the umpire never made that call.

Watched again. 2 incidents, the second had a runner on third.
    Last edited by Atxshoxfan; May 11, 2023, 11:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X