Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAA leaving ESPN

Paul Suellentrop ‏ [MENTION=639]@PaulS:uellentrop
    MVC officials meeting with ESPN and Fox Sports this afternoon. One topic will be BracketBusters and how the CAA's signing with NBC Sports may affect things. If the CAA is no longer a part of BracketBusters, it is much less appealing to the MVC.

Link of new deal:

EDIT: looks like according to deal they will still be in BB
    Last edited by Ta town; March 30, 2012, 07:12 PM.

We'll be the only conference left worth playing.

Comment

The article gave the indication that the CAA expected to continue to be in the BB.

Comment

Wait a sec, the CAA opted out of the Worldwide Sports Leader for NBC Sports, formerly Versus? They are now gonna be the NHL of college basketball. Hope that works out well for them.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Pretty sure it's because they get more money with this deal. I'd take it if that were the case
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Every production I have watched on NBC's channel has been first class. It is a national network with a growth strategy. I would gladly watch the shockers on it....

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Pretty sure it's because they get more money with this deal. I'd take it if that were the case
              They are also guaranteed 12 appearances a year on the new NBC Sports TV vs. the 8 per year they were getting on the espn family. I think of Versus (now NBC Sports) as being similar to espnU and CBS Sports TV.

It is national coverage but it is not nearly as good as espn or espn2.

Comment

Working...
              X