Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak offseason...

This is random, I know.

But I wanted to take a second as a person born in Witchita (kidding) to acknowledge, that while I'm fairly down on the shocks basketball team at the moment, I've been really fortunate in my lifetime with Kansas sports. I've been able to see the shocks beat KU when the lights were brightest, I've been able to watch K-State be... K-State... I've been able to see the hapless Royals win a world series, and was fortunate enough to be downtown KC to celebrate the parade. I've been able to see the Chiefs draft a true franchise QB and to watch them blow my mind in a superbowl victory comeback.. I was fortunate enough to watch a hall of fame coach lured to WSU and stay for a long tenure, despite how we all feel about his flaws and exit, and to watch a phenomenal team grow up and make the final four.

I don't know if I'll see that collection of events in a decade span ever again, likely not lol. So I wanted to take a second during peak offseason and tip my hat to our fortune. I hope the best is yet to come, but if not, I definitely appreciate what we've had. Go Shox! I'm still looking forward to fall games. (And most other Kansas things)

thinking the Royals and the Chefs are in Missouri.....

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      thinking the Royals and the Chefs are in Missouri.....
      damn you... Kansas-ish? We can call this war off if I don't call out "Chefs", deal?

Comment

If we could somehow squeeze into your fantastic decade some sort of "death penalty" punishment for KU then I'm totally on board with the 10 years of glory idea. Chiefs and Royals included.

Comment

I'd personally add in the championship by Sporting KC to this as well.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            I'd personally add in the championship by Sporting KC to this as well.
            What's that? jk

Comment

Working...
            X