Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 1, 2023 - New Look AAC becomes reality

Dates are set

Assuming its a normal revenue split, WSU's share should be 30% of 1/8th of the payout. So roughly 2 million. Payment is over 14 years though.

Last edited by Stickboy46; June 10, 2022, 10:38 AM.

I'm sure we'll gladly take any cash. Plenty of bills to pay at 21st an Hillside.

Hopefully the new schools put their money where their mouth is. I've heard lots of promises made in regards to actively improving.

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
      I'm sure we'll gladly take any cash. Plenty of bills to pay at 21st an Hillside.

Hopefully the new schools put their money where their mouth is. I've heard lots of promises made in regards to actively improving.
      Well since Aresco agreed to 14 year payback .. its' really just 140k a year. Not really going to move the needle too much.

Comment

Was hoping the terms wouldn't spread it out over so many years. And at the rate that the dollar is continually devalued, this does very little on a year to year basis.

Either way, I'm excited to move on with the new group and see how they perform. And now that they know when they'll join, they can definitely recruit to that.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Was hoping the terms wouldn't spread it out over so many years. And at the rate that the dollar is continually devalued, this does very little on a year to year basis.

Either way, I'm excited to move on with the new group and see how they perform. And now that they know when they'll join, they can definitely recruit to that.
          Lastest update ive seen is 2.5 million per exiting team per year for the first four years then the remaining 8 million per team is spread over the next 10 years. Makes it a little better.

Comment

Something I am still wondering is if the Big 12 gets left behind.
            I wonder if the Power 5 Conferences turn into the Power 4 or Power 3 Conferences with the Big 12 out.

We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
              Something I am still wondering is if the Big 12 gets left behind.
              I wonder if the Power 5 Conferences turn into the Power 4 or Power 3 Conferences with the Big 12 out.

We will see.
              I would say that the PAC 12 is a question too, so a P 3 is a real possibility. Then does the PAC 12 try to extract OSU and TT? Does that get them into a P 4?

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I totally agree with all of that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Lastest update ive seen is 2.5 million per exiting team per year for the first four years then the remaining 8 million per team is spread over the next 10 years. Makes it a little better.
                  Based on the 30%, that would mean WSU should get about $280K a year for the first four years and $90K per year for the following 10.

Comment

Is Uconn still paying off its exit fee of $17 million? I think that was a 6-year deal. Also, I was told by an administrator at WSU that we get 40% and Navy gets 60%.

Comment

Working...
                    X