Downtown Get Down!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Get Down!!

Armchair Strategies, an NIL Collective working with WSU Student Athletes, is excited to announce an opportunity to meet the entire 2022-2023 WSU Men’s Basketball Team.

In partnership with the Wichita Riverfest, the players will take part in “Downtown Get-Down” on Sunday, June 5th, starting at 1:00pm.

Join us for player introductions, an interactive skills session for kids, a game of HORSE with the audience and much more! We will also host a live Q&A to allow the student athletes to engage with their fans.

Our student athletes will be taking part in other activities to help raise awareness for children’s literacy. Come join us in welcoming the new Shocker team to Wichita as we all celebrate our city.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post
    Armchair Strategies, an NIL Collective working with WSU Student Athletes, is excited to announce an opportunity to meet the entire 2022-2023 WSU Men’s Basketball Team.

In partnership with the Wichita Riverfest, the players will take part in “Downtown Get-Down” on Sunday, June 5th, starting at 1:00pm.

Join us for player introductions, an interactive skills session for kids, a game of HORSE with the audience and much more! We will also host a live Q&A to allow the student athletes to engage with their fans.

Our student athletes will be taking part in other activities to help raise awareness for children’s literacy. Come join us in welcoming the new Shocker team to Wichita as we all celebrate our city.
    Awesome program. Go Shocks.

Comment

I'm thinking Armchair quarterback members should get a secret decoder ring similar to the Ovaltine decoder rings.

Comment

From appearances, the recruiting for 22 is complete. I think we have one remaining scholarship. Does anyone know if we are still recruiting to fill that final scholarship?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          From appearances, the recruiting for 22 is complete. I think we have one remaining scholarship. Does anyone know if we are still recruiting to fill that final scholarship?
          Taylor Eldridge has indicated they are looking to fill the final scholarship, likely with the best player available. Personally, I'm hoping for Jeff Ngandu, a PF/C who visited some time ago and has yet to make a decision.

Comment

Where will this event be held? GO SHOCKS?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Taylor Eldridge has indicated they are looking to fill the final scholarship, likely with the best player available. Personally, I'm hoping for Jeff Ngandu, a PF/C who visited some time ago and has yet to make a decision.
              I would have hoped that our staff would have been looking for a true PG that would have been an important backup/then starter after Porter. It would appear that if CP happens to go down, so does our season.

I don't know one player from another on most all teams, but it appears on VC that there are still potential opportunities (which we may have already reached out to and are "no goes") and other originally highly ranked PGs that have gone from big schools, some playing a lot of games and minutes, that joined other teams I would consider equal to lower than us. We have over-loads of players at several positions yet, no one that seems to be a solid backup at PG.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post

Say Big guy, do you know where this event will be held in Downtown Wichita? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Say Big guy, do you know where this event will be held in Downtown Wichita? Thanks in advance for your help.
                  Here is where the event will take place! All you need is your Riverfest button!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Did anyone check this out?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

KWCH - WSU basketball players meet fans in first NIL event

The event was the first Name, Image, and Likeness deal for Shocker basketball players under their new partnership with Armchair Strategies. The last time Eyewitness News spoke to Armchair, they said the partnership would provide compensation opportunities for players and have them give back to the community through events such as Sundays.

Some of the newest Shockers, like Southern Mississippi transfer Jaron Pierre Jr., got their taste of Wichita at the event.

“I’ve liked it. Riverfest is treating me right,” Pierre said. “Many signing autographs, it’s kind of new to me, but I like it. It’s kind of a new experience for me.”
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                        X