Done Supporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done Supporting

I realize I will be called out...but I'm done supporting this university until there is some ****ing leadership. This threat about the billboard is the icing on the cake. 100% of my efforts will be directed to administrative change. No athletic worries from me.

WokeSU

Where perception, quotas, and being the nice guy are all that matter
    Last edited by Shock Top; May 3, 2022, 10:22 PM.
    The Assman

Comment

Totally agree. That includes any NIL collectives. Why throw good money after bad?

Comment

I'm at the point I'm seriously questioning whether I want to send my high school kids to WSU. If they feel strong about going there then fine. But I probably won't be as enthusiastic about supporting the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
          I realize I will be called out...but I'm done supporting this university until there is some ****ing leadership. This threat about the billboard is the icing on the cake. 100% of my efforts will be directed to administrative change. No athletic worries from me.
          Don't read the article if you don't want to ******* explode. Absolutely nothing done to prepare for this. Just empty promises.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
            Totally agree. That includes any NIL collectives. Why throw good money after bad?
            Thankfully the NIL collective is independent from the Athletic Department. It might be the ONLY place you can give money that will actually provide positive movement in the program.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Thankfully the NIL collective is independent from the Athletic Department. It might be the ONLY place you can give money that will actually provide positive movement in the program.
              Don't care. We need to completely implode, clean house and start from scratch. I'd only consider contributing once those steps have taken place.

Comment

The NILs won't help the University financially and therefore don't really help DB. They can help the likes of IB, potentially, but even then it's money better spent in my opinion.

But with that said, my financial support at the moment is dedicated to the billboard movement and whatever we may spin off from that to try and keep the Legacy of Failure public and apply whatever pressures we can on the athletic department and President Muma to take action.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

The Eagle article is remarkable. How many business CEO's, who answer to a board or to someone above them, do you think would keep their job if they were reactive instead of proactive towards something the was a "make or break" change to their product line or service? One that was forecast-able, and was seen coming from miles away. I'll help... none of them would.

Comment

Come back!!!
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I'm back baby!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        The Eagle article is remarkable. How many business CEO's, who answer to a board or to someone above them, do you think would keep their job if they were reactive instead of proactive towards something the was a "make or break" change to their product line or service? One that was forecast-able, and was seen coming from miles away. I'll help... none of them would.
                        I guess the answer is not us!!!

Comment

Money talks, bullshit walks! Time for all those forlorn and forsaken Shocker fans to step up and show $$$ support and come back to the fold. Re-up on those SASO donations and ticket purchases!

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                            I'm back baby!!

Comment

I have seen the Mike Cohen days, (Career Record (major schools): 3 Years, 32-56, .364 W-L%) and i was at the Wichita State vrs Iowa Game in 1981, I must be getting Old when i see Fans have to pay for SASO to park at Koch Arena instead of the Baseball stadium, and now cough more money for cars,money,bling... to keep players here, and then there's the price of a ticket, maybe a coke, hotdog? Do you think 1k per game will do, and what kind of basketball will we see. The last time we lost a GREAT coach, was Gene Smithson and it was some kind of stupid reason, and that's after we just got into the top 5 in the nation and were getting players to come here from under the nose of North Carolina. Now after how many years, we get another Great coach, Greg Marshall, and built a big time program as well as having every guard in the country wanting to play for him...Well you guys know the Story here, (or do we) . Well you fans are in for a treat, many years of it. when you see a MIchigan coach punch other coaches and such, well you get where i am going. I think i am done too!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X