X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armchair Strategies - WSU NIL

Shockernet!

We are officially LIVE! Go to Armchair Strategies - Wichita State NIL Collective and check out the website. We have 2 programs that we are releasing right now...The Century Club and Armchair Army!

This is an opportunity for every fan to participate in helping the student-athlete. The fans have been asking...now you have the opportunity to make a DIFFERENCE!

The Century Club
    The most unique opportunity we are presenting is called The Century Club. This exclusive group of 100 supporters has each committed to donate $1,000 per month to a fund that is used for NIL opportunities for our players. Our goal with this 1.2 million dollar annual fund is to ensure Wichita State Athletics has the resources to compete at the highest level.

BENEFITS INCLUDE:
    • Member Exclusive Card
    • Annual Event with a athletes
    • Opportunities to promote your business
    • Be a part of the Armchair athlete family
    • Partner Listing on Website
    • Membership Book for Networking
    • Monthly Newsletter
    Armchair Army
    The Armchair Army is a membership opportunity for every Shocker fan to support our Student Athletes as they utilize their Name, Image, and Likeness, and receive exclusive benefits for doing so. By making a small monthly contribution you will receive exclusive monthly perks to support Wichita State athletes.
    • $10 a month
      • Set-up a reoccurring monthly donation
      • See supported athletes thrive on and off the field
      • Receive insider updates on special appearances by the athletes
    • $25 a month
      • Invitation to Armchair Strategies events for Armchair Army members
      • Receive a special poster signed by some of our athletes
    • $50 a month
      • Invitation to Armchair Strategies EXCLUSIVE event for Armchair Army members
    We look forward to all the support from this amazing community!

Social Media:
    Facebook - @armchairstrategies
    IG - @armchairstrategies
    Twitter - @armchairnil

GO SHOX
    Last edited by Armchair Strategies; May 4, 2022, 09:50 AM.

This needs a sticky!
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post
      Shockernet!

We are officially LIVE! Go to Armchair Strategies - Wichita State NIL Collective and check out the website. We have 2 programs that we are releasing right now...The Century Club and Armchair Army!

This is an opportunity for every fan to participate in helping the student-athlete. The fans have been asking...now you have the opportunity to make a DIFFERENCE!

The Century Club
      The most unique opportunity we are presenting is called The Century Club. This exclusive group of 100 supporters has each committed to donate $1,000 per month to a fund that is used for NIL opportunities for our players. Our goal with this 1.2 million dollar annual fund is to ensure Wichita State Athletics has the resources to compete at the highest level.

BENEFITS INCLUDE:
      • Member Exclusive Card
      • Annual Event with a athletes
      • Opportunities to promote your business
      • Be a part of the Armchair athlete family
      • Partner Listing on Website
      • Membership Book for Networking
      • Monthly Newsletter
      Armchair Army
      The Armchair Army is a membership opportunity for every Shocker fan to support our Student Athletes as they utilize their Name, Image, and Likeness, and receive exclusive benefits for doing so. By making a small monthly contribution you will receive exclusive monthly perks to support Wichita State athletes.
      • $10 a month
      • $25 a month
        • Invitation to Armchair Strategies events for Armchair Army members
      • $50 a month
        • Invitation to Armchair Strategies EXCLUSIVE event for Armchair Army members
      We look forward to all the support from this amazing community!

GO SHOX
      Yes! Thank you to Armchair Strategies! Sad that the administration couldn't be this visionary and forward thinking sooner but glad it is finally happening. Definitely going to sign up at some level.

Comment

I recently started a new job and have a few extra expenses I need to get through, but once I get a chance to double check my numbers I'll be chipping in.

I thought about putting in a stipulation that not until I see something in the works for the likes of Addie and Syd, but I won't.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I really like this. Couple questions:

What type of visibility will be provided to donors? Will you send information about where the money goes? I'm not talking it has to name specific players but if people are donating, I'd sure like to at least know the money is going to players and not to massive amounts of "overhead" or something like that. Not saying you will do something like but I'd think transparency would be great for anything that comes out of the general fund.

Comment

Is that exclusive membership card laminated?!

(I kid because I care)

I applaud both the effort and the execution of the fine alumni of Wichita State and Shocker Athletics!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

(I kid because I care)

I applaud both the effort and the execution of the fine alumni of Wichita State and Shocker Athletics!
              Lamination is extra. First card is free, any extras are $100 a card.

Comment

It should have subtle coloring, a tasteful thickness, and a watermark. Wouldn’t want to show up to an important NIL meeting with Silian Grail on bone or Roman on eggshell only to have KU whip out their raised lettering on pale nimbus.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  I really like this. Couple questions:

What type of visibility will be provided to donors? Will you send information about where the money goes? I'm not talking it has to name specific players but if people are donating, I'd sure like to at least know the money is going to players and not to massive amounts of "overhead" or something like that. Not saying you will do something like but I'd think transparency would be great for anything that comes out of the general fund.
                  Great question…we will be sending out a newsletter to all the Armchair Army members. This will have updates on appearances, signings, new athlete additions, and some behind the senses info on the student-athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Armchair Strategies View Post

Great question…we will be sending out a newsletter to all the Armchair Army members. This will have updates on appearances, signings, new athlete additions, and some behind the senses info on the student-athletes.
                    This is excellent. I'm really glad you guys hopped on the monthly subscription model. I will be subscribing.

If you don't mind, could you shoot me a PM to discuss something further?
                    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

(I kid because I care)

We are in the process of getting cards made up for the Century Club. Looking at going with the metal card (like the Platinum American Express Card). A fun touch.

Comment

Thanks for all you are doing! If you are able to share, what athletes are currently "signed" to deals with Armchair?

I'll be signing up later this month!

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          Thanks for all you are doing! If you are able to share, what athletes are currently "signed" to deals with Armchair?

I'll be signing up later this month!
                          We will be posting on social media over the next week or two all the players we have signed. The first post is now updated with the social media handles to follow. We will start making posts soon.

Comment

Armchair Strategies I don't know if it was just me .. but I did the form on the website and i just got a constant spinning wheel. I did get a confirmation email though.

Comment

Some more thoughts on this .. and you guys are likely WAY ahead of me on this but just an idea that seem cool to me as the spirit of NIL is payment in exchange for Marketing, appearances etc.
                              • Set up a dedicated (Monthly?) event where a player (or two) is paid for a public meet and greet/autograph session (free to attend).
                              • Send out a survey monthly either to the group of donors or possibly just make it public with players they can vote on to appear. You'd want to rotate the options so that some of the players less likely to get the "big" NIL deal will get in on the action here.
                              • During the event the players could potentially sell/auction/raffle signed gear that the funds could be provided to the players and/or Split with players and the rest put back in to the collective funds for future events
                              I think this would not only allow a good use of the funds, it would provide some really goodwill for both the players and communities when it comes to NIL. Advertising the collective while at the event might also drive more donations if they see some benefits from it rather than just "pay to play".

Also going to reiterate what others have said. Let's take care of Sydney and Addie .. they are doing things that have not only never been done at WSU but things that haven't been done at the NCAA Softball level.
                              Last edited by Stickboy46; May 4, 2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X