Tensions on the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tensions on the board

I hope I'm not stepping over the line here but I'll risk it.

Change always have the potential to be difficult. We've had a change in leadership and board software. Issues have understandably arisen and they've been addressed, I think, very well. The "crap" censor thing fell through the cracks and right or wrong it was a catalyst for other tensions. @_kai_: has taken care of that now so we can put it to bed.

We are all here for a common interest and are a brotherhood, of sorts. Can those who have been frustrated with this and other issues find a little forgiveness in their hearts and put it behind us? I can't speak for _kai_ but I think he's doing his best to keep ShockerNet a great place for Shocker fans. As several old-timers here can attest I didn't always make the best moderating decisions and learned a lot those first few years.

And for the record, the issue a few weeks ago that resulted in admin action against Fever wasn't because he was calling out the troll and defending our turf, it was because he went over the line with his attacks in doing so. As I've said many times over the years, the problem isn't always in the message, but the delivery.

Let's get back to our passion and set our differences aside. Who wants to start the first chorus of Kumbaya? :)

“It's gonna be legend-... wait for it... and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is DAIRY!”

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      I hope I'm not stepping over the line here but I'll risk it.

Change always have the potential to be difficult. We've had a change in leadership and board software. Issues have understandably arisen and they've been addressed, I think, very well. The "crap" censor thing fell through the cracks and right or wrong it was a catalyst for other tensions. @_kai_ has taken care of that now so we can put it to bed.

We are all here for a common interest and are a brotherhood, of sorts. Can those who have been frustrated with this and other issues find a little forgiveness in their hearts and put it behind us? I can't speak for _kai_ but I think he's doing his best to keep ShockerNet a great place for Shocker fans. As several old-timers here can attest I didn't always make the best moderating decisions and learned a lot those first few years.

And for the record, the issue a few weeks ago that resulted in admin action against Fever wasn't because he was calling out the troll and defending our turf, it was because he went over the line with his attacks in doing so. As I've said many times over the years, the problem isn't always in the message, but the delivery.

Let's get back to our passion and set our differences aside. Who wants to start the first chorus of Kumbaya? :)
      One of the problems in posting stuff anonymously is that sometimes you're not sure just how the tone is of a reply. Even though I do not know most of the regular posters here, I start feeling like I do and treat them as if they know me. That leads me to say things in such a manner that my good friends would know was not an "attack", just lively discussion.

Just want to let @_kai_: know that I appreciate all he does here.

Edit: OK @_kai_:. I was going to put a thumbs up behind my post and now I can't find it! :rolleyes-new:

Comment

I think @kai: does a fine job.

There is no way to please all of the people all of the time.

Comment

I dunno nuthin' 'bout nuthin' but this new forum software ROCKS!! Especially the mobile skin when I am at a game or out and about. But the "likes", the inline videos, the "ratings", the ability to tweak like 100 settings to get the perfect layout, and on and on. What's not to love about all the work that has been going into this monster?

As regards Fever getting banned .. it's tricky .. but he knows he walks a thin line sometimes and even started out this season with a confessional that he was gonna try to have a more tolerant year (or sumptin' -- I forget what the original message was but it was a kinder, gentler Fever).

It was a quick-trigger ban, no doubt, but maybe it's like a basketball game where when you have a new set of referees you gotta learn how much they are gonna let you play before you start going all Echenique on an opponent and get T'd up?

I guess the old saying that "you can ban Fever out of the hood, but you can't ban the hood out of Fever" is true?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I just wish we could decide on one standard and leave it. I look on my laptop, its black. Hour later, i check it and its white. Get home and its back to black.

Pick one and stick with it.

EDIT: Thanks to @WuDrWu:, i discovered apparently the board has been updated with a mobile app designed to help our beloved Shockernet work faster on mobile devices. Wish i was a computer pinball wizard.

What a great upgrade @_kai_:

Comment

Well done @RoyalShock:. And I will get to the story.

Newsflash, life isn't perfect and it's yet it's still ok to have discourse. Personally, I have enjoyed interacting with all the MODS and consider myself smarter for doing so.

Comment

I too felt the crap blockage was a bit odd. Really mystifying. I'm glad it's fixed now.

Me and kai had some PM exchanges over the last few weeks that have cleared the air. Royal pretty much outlined it and summarized it nicely. I shouldn't have called the trolls names and used foul language in the process. It was an impulse reaction and my mistake. I think I got the message.

I was a bit leery at the change here at first but overall I think it's a quality site and kai is doing the best job he can. Keep up the good work.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  I dunno nuthin' 'bout nuthin' but this new forum software ROCKS!! Especially the mobile skin when I am at a game or out and about. But the "likes", the inline videos, the "ratings", the ability to tweak like 100 settings to get the perfect layout, and on and on. What's not to love about all the work that has been going into this monster?

As regards Fever getting banned .. it's tricky .. but he knows he walks a thin line sometimes and even started out this season with a confessional that he was gonna try to have a more tolerant year (or sumptin' -- I forget what the original message was but it was a kinder, gentler Fever).

It was a quick-trigger ban, no doubt, but maybe it's like a basketball game where when you have a new set of referees you gotta learn how much they are gonna let you play before you start going all Echenique on an opponent and get T'd up?

I guess the old saying that "you can ban Fever out of the hood, but you can't ban the hood out of Fever" is true?
                  You're completely full of...

CRAP.

:D
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I've been a member of Shockernet for 10+ years...everything seems fine to me. If anything I'm happy that Nazi RoyalShock isn't in charge anymore! :D

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                      I've been a member of Shockernet for 10+ years...everything seems fine to me. If anything I'm happy that Nazi RoyalShock isn't in charge anymore! :D
                      I still can't get used to calling him Royal. He will always be ShockerCat to me.

Comment

You guys are too funny. Does it help that when I saw Frank Martin today my first thought was to fart in his general direction?

Comment

Amen to this...but it was bound to happen.

I've participated in forums for many years, and covering a wide variety of topics. When the subject matter becomes popular or noteworthy there is always an influx of people joining the forum. WSU basketball has become a hot topic again these last few years, so you gotta take the good with the bad. Per capita it's probably the same, but we just see more trolls now.

IMO.

Comment

**** YOU ALL

Comment

"Screw you guys, I'm going home!"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X