2022-23 Scholarship Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 Scholarship Grid

Roster is taking shape. I like the size compared to last season. Shox have added some size. I would personally like to see another big man and a back up PG with the last two schollies, assuming RCIV is gonzo.

Screenshot 2022-08-29 163327.jpg

** 8/29/22 Added Makhi Myles **

** 8/24/22 Deleted Jacob Wilson. Added Shammah Scott & Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler. Updated existing roster from Goshockers.com. **

** 5/15/22 Added Melvion Flanagan **

** 5/12/22 Added Jaykwon Walton **

** 5/2/22 - Added Colby Rogers **

** 5/1/22 - Added Jaron Pierre, Jr. **
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; August 29, 2022, 06:34 PM.

Thanks for moving this MikeKennedyRulZ

It was a bit of challenge finding this good work yesterday.

With the Transfer rules in place, players searching for the best NIL deals they kind find, and the high level of activity in the portal these days the class balance in any given year may not be as important as it may have been in the past.

Also, in this environment, is it really all that necessary to fill all 13 scholarships with the likelihood that the guys who don't play much moving on anyway. I am thinking maybe 11 is enough. Use the savings from the 2 scholarships to sweeten the NIL pot. Let the walk-ons sop up end of game minutes in blow outs. Last year we only play 10 scholarship guys during the season.

In the 2020-21 season 9 guys played 95% of the minutes, in the 2019-2020 season 11 guys played 97% of the minutes, and in the 2018-19 season 11 guys played in 99% of the minutes.

Unless, I have kid that coming in wants to redshirt and I think they are worth it I probably would only use 11 scholarships if was in charge.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 3, 2022, 04:48 PM.

Comment

As far as I am concerned add a point guard and call it good. Put the two remaining scholarships under glass with a sign that reads break only if you have a too good to pass up bona fide stud.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Thanks for moving this MikeKennedyRulZ

It was a bit of challenge finding this good work yesterday.

With the Transfer rules in place, players searching for the best NIL deals they kind find, and the high level of activity in the portal these days the class balance in any given year may not be as important as ti may have been in the past.

Also, in this environment is really all that necessary to fill all 13 scholarships with the likelihood that the guys who don't play much moving on anyway. I am thinking maybe 11 is enough. Use the savings from the 2 scholarships to sweeten the NIL pot. Let the walk-ons sop up end of game minutes in blow outs. Last year we only play 10 scholarship guys during the season.

In the 2020-21 season 9 guys played 95% of the minutes, in the 2019-2020 season 11 guys played 97% of the minutes, and in the 2018-19 season 11 guys played in 99% of the minutes.

Unless, I have kid that coming in wants to redshirt and I think they are worth it I probably would only use 11 scholarships if was in charge.
        Don't think the NIL money can come directly from the school, especially not scholarship funds. I know the NCAA has already said that NIL funds can't be used to guarantee scholarships for "walk-ons" to circumvent scholarship limits in football or basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by podunkboy View Post

Don't think the NIL money can come directly from the school, especially not scholarship funds. I know the NCAA has already said that NIL funds can't be used to guarantee scholarships for "walk-ons" to circumvent scholarship limits in football or basketball.
          Where does the money for the scholarships come from? My understanding is those are funded by SASO. Where does SASO get the money it needs? From the fan base.. So if the burden in the fans is lightened up then the fans could divert some of their support to the NIL.

Comment

MikeKennedyRulZ can you update the scholarship grid to add Poor Bear when you get a chance. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              MikeKennedyRulZ can you update the scholarship grid to add Poor Bear when you get a chance. Thanks.
              Will do. Thank you.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                X