2022-23 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
    No, the Shocks will stink… don’t you know IB can’t coach???
    So you’re saying IB can coach?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Has he shown that ability yet. If he has shown his ability, time to fire him.

Comment

Yes, I think he can coach…. I know you think no one at WSU beyond Marshall and Stephenson can coach, but yes i think he will have a good year… looking forward to it.

Comment

Yes, I think he can coach…. I know you think no one at WSU beyond Marshall and Stephenson can coach, but yes i think he will have a good year… looking forward to it.
          Probably not confident enough to bet on it though?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKETOLOGY - ESPN
            NCAA Bracketology - Projecting the 2023 March Madness men's field (espn.com)
            BY JOE LUNARDI
            UPDATED: 8/9/2022 AT 08:00 A.M. ET

Teams of Interest
            1-seed Houston (National Championship is in Houston this year)
            9-seed Oklahoma State
            11-seed Memphis (Last Four In)

First Four Out
            Missouri (1st Spot)

Next Four Out
            Tulane (4th Spot)

Others of Interest
            12-seed UAB
            13-seed Grand Canyon

Comment

Must be nice to be so oblivious to the evidence. I hope your right but having a hard time believing anything of the sort.

Comment

I think we honestly haven’t seen enough of IB. I’ve always said you can’t judge a new coach really until year 3, and that’s this year for him. He had a decent enough first year, with a fairly poor showing the second year. Let’s see what his learning curve is like and how he does with a team entirely his own.

i will also say that it’s incredibly difficult to coach a team that misses easy bunnies, misses easy transition buckets, and misses open 3s on a regular enough basis teams didn’t bother guarding us there.

not saying IB is the coach we want or anything like that. Just saying let’s see what happens this year

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                  I think we honestly haven’t seen enough of IB.

That certainly isn't a leap. I'm one of his biggest supporters on this board, but even I believe this will be a crucial year for the Shocker basketball team. But to push for his firing after year 2? With a conference title under his belt? Oh brother. Maybe we can get Thompson back on the sidelines?

If a point guard/leader can step up and take control of the offense the Shocks might approach 18 wins. Craig Porter displayed an increase in effective play the second half of the season last year (excluding the inbound offense and passing the ball to players way out of position) and hopefully he can build on that, playing with court vision, and settle the team down. It'll make Brown look like a better coach. To some...
                  Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 10, 2022, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Craig is poised to have a big year, same with Kenny.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

That certainly isn't a leap. I'm one of his biggest supporters on this board, but even I believe this will be a crucial year for the Shocker basketball team. But to push for his firing after year 2? With a conference title under his belt? Oh brother. Maybe we can get Thompson back on the sidelines?

If a point guard/leader can step up and take control of the offense the Shocks might approach 18 wins. Craig Porter displayed an increase in effective play the second half of the season last year (excluding the inbound offense and passing the ball to players way out of position) and hopefully he can build on that, playing with court vision, and settle the team down. It'll make Brown look like a better coach. To some...
                      I love the Covid Conference title belt that gets displayed routinely around here.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I love the Covid Conference title belt that gets displayed routinely around here.
                        we definitely broke lucky that year BUT we did beat Houston, and that’s what the others did not. So it’s fair to say we did alright that year. Houston probably deserved it but they dropped some head scratching games that year if I recall correctly

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

we definitely broke lucky that year BUT we did beat Houston, and that’s what the others did not. So it’s fair to say we did alright that year. Houston probably deserved it but they dropped some head scratching games that year if I recall correctly
                          They lost to Tulsa and ECU .. Memphis lost to Tulsa twice that year.

Comment

I keep going back to this astute observation: “There’s a fine line between winning and losing.” We had some fortunate breaks in 2020-21. I point to the roadies in Florida where each game had the opponent having a shot in the air that didn’t fall (USF missed FT that sent game to OT and UCF missed shot at buzzer that gave WSU the win). If those bounces go the other way, we’d have had an acceptable season given the circumstances…but no way is IB hired as permanent head coach.

Good luck bounces didn’t go our way last season. We lost both Tulane games each by a single point. Just turn those games around, and the season would have been 17-10, 8-7 going into conference tournament….probably considered more mediocre instead of disappointing.

Either way, this upcoming season will hopefully tell us what we need to know. To paraphrase Eminem, will the real IB please stand up?
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              I keep going back to this astute observation: “There’s a fine line between winning and losing.” We had some fortunate breaks in 2020-21. I point to the roadies in Florida where each game had the opponent having a shot in the air that didn’t fall (USF missed FT that sent game to OT and UCF missed shot at buzzer that gave WSU the win). If those bounces go the other way, we’d have had an acceptable season given the circumstances…but no way is IB hired as permanent head coach.

Good luck bounces didn’t go our way last season. We lost both Tulane games each by a single point. Just turn those games around, and the season would have been 17-10, 8-7 going into conference tournament….probably considered more mediocre instead of disappointing.

Either way, this upcoming season will hopefully tell us what we need to know. To paraphrase Eminem, will the real IB please stand up?
                              I'll never forget when IB used his TOs to ice the USF free throw shooter after each attempt. Brian Gregory was so pissed off lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I'll never forget when IB used his TOs to ice the USF free throw shooter after each attempt. Brian Gregory was so pissed off lmao.
                                I think IB’s shown some flashes of brilliance, but also some flashes of immaturity as a HC. That’s why I want to see what happens this year. He got a ton of flak last year, so let’s see if he learns and grows or if he repeats bad behavior and performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X