X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Rojas is a Shocker

Comment

Su-weet..
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...262283082.html

Comment

This is a great story. When he says" he is dedicating this summer to improve his outside shooting" we assume he is talking about his 3 point shooting because he shot it so well at Hutchinson. But I hope he and others will also concentrate on the midrange shot. That part of the game is underutilized. Hope he and others can improve like Carl Hall did. Go Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
            This is a great story. When he says" he is dedicating this summer to improve his outside shooting" we assume he is talking about his 3 point shooting because he shot it so well at Hutchinson. But I hope he and others will also concentrate on the midrange shot. That part of the game is underutilized. Hope he and others can improve like Carl Hall did. Go Shocks.
            What’s Aaron Ellis doing these days?
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

What’s Aaron Ellis doing these days?
              Not sure. But he flat out shot that midrange against Alabama in the NIT championship. He was on fire that day.The new kids today underestimate the midrange shot. Look at what Chris Paul did against New Orleans in that game 6. Talk about domination. We have several players that can shoot the midrange. I hope they work on that shot and include it in our offense. Go Shocks.

Comment

Aaron Ellis shot about 95% with his toes on the three point line.

But he did have a damn fine mid-range game as well.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not sure. But he flat out shot that midrange against Alabama in the NIT championship. He was on fire that day.The new kids today underestimate the midrange shot. Look at what Chris Paul did against New Orleans in that game 6. Talk about domination. We have several players that can shoot the midrange. I hope they work on that shot and include it in our offense. Go Shocks.
                  The mid-range shot is the most inefficient shot in the game. Unless a player is the caliber of an NBA Hall-of-Famer, we should discourage our players from taking mid-range shots.

There's a reason the NBA shot chart looks like the one on the right now, and not the one on the left.

shotchart.jpeg
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Aaron Ellis was automatic from 15 feet. If he ever missed one, I’m not sure. I’m quite confident he is the best from mid range in the last 22 years, and if there is one better in shocker history, I don’t know who. He was a very underrated player.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Aaron Ellis was automatic from 15 feet. If he ever missed one, I’m not sure. I’m quite confident he is the best from mid range in the last 22 years, and if there is one better in shocker history, I don’t know who. He was a very underrated player.
                      His senior year. The 3 years prior he was only known for his screen setting.

Comment

The new kids today underestimate the midrange shot. Go Shocks.
                        Old codgers today overestimate the midrange shot.

Comment

Whether or not the mid-range shot is an efficient weapon for any individual player depends on the skills of that player. So for a team it would depend on what kind of player they are recruiting.

Will a team with great long range shooting beat a team with great mid-range shooting? Most likely yes. Although a lot of other factors come into play such as how good is a team in defending the perimeter shooting.

For Aaron Ellis the mid-range shot was more efficient for him than the long-range shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

The mid-range shot is the most inefficient shot in the game. Unless a player is the caliber of an NBA Hall-of-Famer, we should discourage our players from taking mid-range shots.

There's a reason the NBA shot chart looks like the one on the right now, and not the one on the left.

shotchart.jpeg
                            Wrong as usual. Your chart don't mean squat. Look at the players we got. CP is a tough imidrange pull up shooter.Kevin Sampson said it was old school. They could not stop him. . They had to go to a zone to stop him.. It might be his best shot.. Jaron Pierre video shows he can make that shot any time and get separation. Gus Okafor can flat out kill the midrange. And don't you dare look at the video of Courtside films on Jaykwon Walton. You will probably wet your diaper. He can flat out shoot the midrange.. As someone else said it depends on the skill of the player. So look at our players instead of some. DUMB NBA CHART.

Comment

You will probably wet your diaper. He can flat out shoot the midrange. As someone else said it depends on the skill of the player. So look at our players instead of some DUMB NBA CHART.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X