• Show
Clear All

• Xavier Bell is a Shocker

Comment

Comment

Lefty, mid-range game.

Comment

Comment

Had an opportunity to briefly interact with Xavier Bell and his mom and dad yesterday while shopping. Did not realize who the young man was but during the conversation I asked him where he went to school and he replied "Wichita State". I asked him what he was studying and he replied "Business Administration'. I then asked him how he liked the new school of business and he replied "very nice" The next question was if he ever went to any basketball games or baseball games to which he replied "I play basketball for WSU" I apologized for not recognizing him and he said it was fine. All in all after some subsequent conversation with him and his family I got the impression they were a very tight family and he was very engaged in what his mom and dad said. I just got the feeling that Xavier is a young man of high character and good upbringing by his parents. If high character is wanted by HCPM then he has an individual with that attribute in XB. Every conversation was a yes sir or no sir sprinkled into the conversation. When I asked how practices were going he said that all the players were locked in and learning about each other. He said the environment was very positive and conducive to development. Lots of good times with each other as well. Told him we would be in Myrtle Beach to watch him play and left the conversation feeling proud that a young man like XB was representing my university. Go Shocks

Comment

I met his father at the gym and was very impressed

Comment

I know nothing of the young man, but am not surprised about what you said - from the outside looking in.

He was quite a bit better at the end of the year last year, I expect he’ll continue that into 23-24.

I would rather have XB than JP all day and twice on sunday.

Comment

Where does he fit in PM's quadrant?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Where does he fit in PM's quadrant?
                    I know where he fits into my quadrant

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Ewwww gross
                      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I don't know Xavier, but I know his dad. I knew his dad before I knew that Xavier was the same Bell family.

His dad is top-notch.

Comment

I think Xavier will be a break out player this season

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            I know nothing of the young man, but am not surprised about what you said - from the outside looking in.

He was quite a bit better at the end of the year last year, I expect he’ll continue that into 23-24.

I would rather have XB than JP all day and twice on sunday.
                            Agreed, but every player was better in '23 (the possible exception being Walton). JP had nothing but extremely kind things to say about the WSU faithful on his way out the door. I'd gladly take the '23 version of JP on the Shocker roster next year, unlikely as that is.

Rodgers might be the real deal...

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

There's 4. Which one?

Comment

Working...
                              X