FVV vs. The Beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FVV vs. The Beard

I thought this would be a worthy topic discussion prior to, and throughout Freddy's matchup vs. Harden. I know it won't exclusively be 1 on 1, but they will matchup throughout, and also both have a big part in determining which team moves on. Fred also usually plays better when it counts. Harden does the opposite.
    A win by FVV in this one, and the remaining haters who still aren't onboard the Fred train, will have to give him his due props.
    Big chancd for Fred to show why he's one of the best. I'm no NBA diehard fan, but I will be tuned in for this:

Toronto Raptors
    Vs.
    Philly 76ers

Let em hang Fred, let em hang

BIG TIME ONIONS!!

Comment

Looks like Fred might be shutting it down for the season, which may be over for Toronto after tonight although they’re ahead currently

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        Looks like Fred might be shutting it down for the season, which may be over for Toronto after tonight although they’re ahead currently
        Where'd you see that at? He said he wasn't sure if he'd be playing game 6 or not (although didn't sound optimistic), but if there's a chance to play, he'll play. And this series definitely isn't over...Embiid playing with a torn ligament in his thumb doesn't appear to be his usual self.

Comment

Ya, he missed last nights game but sounds like he is day to day after that.

Comment

As a Raptors fan, I have not seen anything to suggest FVV is done for the season if the Raptors somehow comeback to win the series. However, Fred has historically struggled against Philly's size, and Scottie Barnes looked great handling the ball yesterday, so the team might not need him to rush back.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Where'd you see that at? He said he wasn't sure if he'd be playing game 6 or not (although didn't sound optimistic), but if there's a chance to play, he'll play. And this series definitely isn't over...Embiid playing with a torn ligament in his thumb doesn't appear to be his usual self.
              Embiid has yet to stand out in the playoffs. Just like Harden. So I agree, Toronto has a chance, going back home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Embiid has yet to stand out in the playoffs. Just like Harden. So I agree, Toronto has a chance, going back home.
                If there is any coach that can blow a 3-0 lead .. it's Doc Rivers

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                  As a Raptors fan, I have not seen anything to suggest FVV is done for the season if the Raptors somehow comeback to win the series. However, Fred has historically struggled against Philly's size, and Scottie Barnes looked great handling the ball yesterday, so the team might not need him to rush back.
                  Yes they have actually looked like a better team without him during this series.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I hate Embiid because he's a whiny soccer type faker, a skill I'm sure he honed while cheating at Ku. That being said, this is an ice cold take. He's averaging around 27-12 in the series, while being hurt and constantly harassed, physically (necessarily) by the Raptors. He's 100% standing out.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I hate Embiid because he's a whiny soccer type faker, a skill I'm sure he honed while cheating at Ku. That being said, this is an ice cold take. He's averaging around 27-12 in the series, while being hurt and constantly harassed, physically (necessarily) by the Raptors. He's 100% standing out.
                      Agreed. He was telling Nick Nurse to stop complaining about the refs and then got fined in the next game for complaining about the refs. He is a typical KU a-hole if you ask me. Talented as all get out but major Dbag.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        ... major Dbag.
                        I believe Dbag is an actual major at his alma mater.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I think you missed my point (not a first); the next big series he wins will be the first one. No? Has he made it to an Eastern Conference finals and I forgot it?

And of course with Harden it goes without saying.

Comment

Since around the All Star Game, Fred has had to play like senior year Fred which is really hard to do in the NBA. Hasn’t been near 100% with his knee and hip issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                              Since around the All Star Game, Fred has had to play like senior year Fred which is really hard to do in the NBA. Hasn’t been near 100% with his knee and hip issues.
                              Correct, you can see he’s been affected with pain; his shot and intense defense has been off.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X